Video Comparing 3 "S" Cars with Diff Chassis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:55 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Video Comparing 3 "S" Cars with Diff Chassis

Just received an official newsletter from PAG that links to an in-depth video where on a track they compare nearly identical 911 "S" cars with the only difference being the chassis options....

"Three 911 Carrera S with different chassis technologies in comparison. What advantages do PTV (Plus), Sport Chrono and PDCC offer on the race track?"

Porsche. Dynamic. Raised.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Very interesting video! Thanks for posting!!!

Old 07-30-2015, 03:19 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Interesting video. I have a 4S with PASM and PDCC and I can really feel how flat the car is in the corners. I really like the PDCC for spirited driving in the twisties.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:29 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Watched this on mobile a couple of days ago. I agree that the tech makes a difference in each of the three different setups, but I really, really doubt that the reported lap times are accurate. I bet each setup can replicate the white S's lap time with ease.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all
I have sport chrono, spasm, and pdcc but will probably never drive on a track. Totally a waste on me haha

Old 07-31-2015, 06:35 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for posting this video, I haven't watched the videos on the Porsche website since I got my 991 back in 2012.

Porsche really makes excellent videos regarding their features of the 991 plus it gets you really excited about getting one.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:04 AM
dogshyne is on a distinguished road
You are saying that a base car without ptv can replicate times of a car with ptv and pdcc?

Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Watched this on mobile a couple of days ago. I agree that the tech makes a difference in each of the three different setups, but I really, really doubt that the reported lap times are accurate. I bet each setup can replicate the white S's lap time with ease.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:40 AM
sandbar will become famous soon enoughsandbar will become famous soon enough
Another great video reminding me that I shouldn't have purchased a base without all the goodies....!

Old 08-02-2015, 09:28 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Vicelord
I have sport chrono, spasm, and pdcc but will probably never drive on a track. Totally a waste on me haha
I hear you vice. But I watched the video and decided to tryout the PDCC on my 4S. I had my wife with me and she almost wet herself. I was transitioning from a flat straight fast road to an exit with a sharp decreasing radius. Kept my speed, around 75, and just let the car do the rest. It really is impressive. The car took the turn no problem. Nice and level through out, no fighting loses of feedback. Probably could have done it a little faster. In my case, as well as most, I don't drive the car anywhere near the limits, buts its nice to know the car can handle it if need be.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dogshyne
You are saying that a base car without ptv can replicate times of a car with ptv and pdcc?

Nope. I'm saying that the first Carrera S in the video (with PTV) can probably replicate the times of the last (white) Carrera S with PDCC and Sport Chrono. They're all C2S models in the video, and they all have PTV. No base cars.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:39 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Would be interesting to see same driver/day lap times in three similar versions of the C4S. The delta in times among the three versions is significant. Yes, the driver might have had a better lap in one over another car that day, but in my experience with the factory drivers who are also instructors at PSDS, they are very consistent and smooth.
Stock Porsche's have amazing capabilities that only begin to become clearly apparent on a track, unless someone is willing to risk the consequences on a public road/exit ramp, which I do not. PDCC in my 991 TTS but not my PGTS. PGTS definitely leans a bit too much in corners on public roads IMO, where the TTS just sticks flat with no drama in the same corners at the same speed.

Yes, Porsche is very clever at marketing. I started out configuring a C4S and wound up in a TTS and I do not regret it for one second because it is worth every penny.