Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 03:08 AM
ppwchiang is on a distinguished road
Talking Newbie

Hi all, I dunno where to do an introduction so I'm posting here, I'm new to 911 so please excuse my dumb questions sometimes

Recently traded in my 2011 Panamera 4 for a pre-owned 2012 991 Carrera S PDK. I've always wanted a 911 but it was difficult getting a 911 as my daily driver 'cuz my other half hates small cars and wouldn't ride in my work truck. We finally came to agreement a few months ago that she gets a new Toyota Alphard with a driver and I get my 911 Couldn't be happier! So I rushed out and found myself a 2012 991 Carrera S and here I am.

2012 Carrera S
Options:
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Natural Leather Interior in Red
18 Way Sport Seats
Bose Audio
Sports Chrono Pacakage
Park Assist w/Camera
Sunroof
Power side mirrors
PSE
PASM Sport
Auto Dimming Mirrors
Bluetooth Handset Module
Porsche Entry & Drive
Rubber Floormat

Since getting the car, I've added some factory parts to personalize a bit, I got the parts from Suncoast.
GTS Engine Grille
Black Model Designation Emblems
Black Exhaust Tips
5mm Spacers
LED sidemarkers
Alcantara Sport Design Steering Wheel (I used the original red airbag)
Alcantara Shift Lever
I also ordered a IPD Plenum but I think I will wait for my warranty to run out next year in May to have it installed....dunno if I can wait that long...

Looking forward to talking with you guys and learn more about my car!

Old 08-19-2015, 05:20 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations and welcome!

Old 08-19-2015, 07:04 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Welcome and great car! Enjoy!

Curious tho -- why you are adding IPD at this point? What drove you to it?

Old 08-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor
albert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the roughalbert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the roughalbert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the rough
pic pic!!!

Welcome and congrats!!

Old 08-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Still restless is on a distinguished road
I hope you don't have to drive within Taipei too much as it's too crowded to be able to enjoy the drive (at least based on my American perspective). I'm there about once a year and being driven is more appealing to me. If I owned a 911 in Taipei, I'd have to leave the city to enjoy the car.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:14 PM
ppwchiang is on a distinguished road
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome guys! It's been non stop raining & a series of typhoons recently so I haven't had time to take any decent pix, hoping for a sunny weekend! Will post pix soon

Plenum, thirst for speed! haha...my friend's 987.2 Boxster S have the IPD Plenum installed, and you can really feel the car pull a lot harder, feels like a different car. I believe it's more dramatic on the 987.2 Boxster 'cuz the throttle body is swapped out too. I think the sensible thing to do is to learn how to handle the car first, but being a drag racer in my younger days....always wanting to go faster on a straight line, haha. I know eventually I will want it installed and to save on international shipping, I just ordered it along with my other parts. What are your thoughts on the plenum?

Still restless, haha, yeah city driving is awful, you can't drive more than 15 seconds without stopping for something, a 5km drive can easily end up taking almost an hour, I ride public bicycle to work on most days. Luckily (lol) I have to go down to my southern office often for work, it use to be dreaded once a month trip on the train, now I can't wait to go 2-3 times a month in my 911..haha. There's also a FIA G2 track down south, the only track in the whole country, planning on joining the open track days there soon. What do you come to Taipei yearly for? I try to get out of here once every 2-3 months to breath some clean air.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:10 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
This

Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Still restless is on a distinguished road
I have family in Taipei so I try to come every year to visit. Although I grew up in the U.S., I was born in Taiwan. My sister has a Maserati Quattroporte which she has offered to let me drive when I visit. I'm not all that excited about driving it in the streets of Taipei as I think it would be more work than pleasure. Aside from all the cars, there are the pedestrians, mopeds, motorcycles, narrow streets, etc. It's much easier to have a driver do the driving as parking is a major challenge as well.

I heard about the recent typhoon. I hope all is OK.