Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Im4citadel is on a distinguished road
Exhaust help

Gents:

Would like to get some help from you all. I had an Agency Power X-Pipe and am thinking of replacing it with the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust.

To those that have experience with the AWE system...How do you like it?

Old 09-20-2015, 12:07 AM
stratocaster69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Im4citadel
Gents:

Would like to get some help from you all. I had an Agency Power X-Pipe and am thinking of replacing it with the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust.

To those that have experience with the AWE system...How do you like it?
I know a person who has a 2 year old Carrera S with that exact exhaust and its the best thing I have ever heard. The dealer said the same thing.

In fact its so good, that when my December GTS is built, thats the first thing I will replace. And the back exhaust outlets you can get blackened or shiny. They also seem to have a bigger outlet holes over OEM and look more aggressive that way to me.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:21 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Hey Strat, I'm thinking about this exhaust also, any word on drone? I have heard the on line sound clips but you really can't tell much from them. Had a Fabspeed on my 997 with 200 cell cats and the drone was very noticeable. So I am a bit gun shy with aftermarket exhausts. Anybody else out there???

Old 09-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg
Hey Strat, I'm thinking about this exhaust also, any word on drone? I have heard the on line sound clips but you really can't tell much from them. Had a Fabspeed on my 997 with 200 cell cats and the drone was very noticeable. So I am a bit gun shy with aftermarket exhausts. Anybody else out there???
Hi Guzzi,

Heres the good part and I in no way sell the exhaust the way I am pushing it. I did not notice any drone when driving the car. And when you shut it off it is blue tooth quiet inside. Kid you not! I have any inner ear issue so was sold on that fact and not noticing any drone too. But remember we all hear things differently. I am a musician and think of drone like tone of a certain instrument. While one person will think its shrill the next will think its warm sounding.

Its a bit lighter I believe over OEM, and it's supposed to give a slight torque and HP increase. For what it costs compared to some of the other names out there, I think it is a good deal for the excellent sound signature. Sound wise it seems about 15 percent louder over stock with a deeper tone when compared to a factory PSE that was right beside it.

I called the factory and they have them fit up to a 2015 in my model GTS car. He said that since it was a 991 there should be no changes to where there is fitment issues. The other thing I like the exhaust tips can be had in blackened to match my GTS black exhaust tips and they have a nice profile that looks more aggressive than factory I think.

Here is a clip, the inside the car sound to me sounds right on. The outside the car sound sounds a bit too high in tone to my ear or like the sound is too compressed. I am sure its the recording.

The second video with the white car seem more representative to what I heard for sound.

Last edited by stratocaster69; 09-20-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:26 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Thanks strat great stuff...figured from your screen name you are a musician. I have tinnitus so I fell your pain. Not from music though, 16 year shooting range instructor. Thanks again this will be my next purchase.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg
Thanks strat great stuff...figured from your screen name you are a musician. I have tinnitus so I fell your pain. Not from music though, 16 year shooting range instructor. Thanks again this will be my next purchase.
No Problem!

I too am going with that exact exhaust. 100 percent sure. You will love it. When I am behind my friends car and she is driving normal, you can hear it well and not in a bad way.

I actually think of it as a safety feature. Like a louder pipe on a motorcycle. Lets people hear you when you are in the blind spots. Especially with our smaller cars!

Last edited by stratocaster69; 09-20-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:51 AM
whoadude is on a distinguished road
I just installed on my c2s this week and love it. I had PSE before and while that was good I wanted something with just a bit more bark and this fit the bill perfectly without breaking the bank.

I will say the exhaust sounds MUCH better in person. I listened to all the clips before purchasing and was still iffy, but once I heard it in person I was very satisfied.

Old 09-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by whoadude
I just installed on my c2s this week and love it. I had PSE before and while that was good I wanted something with just a bit more bark and this fit the bill perfectly without breaking the bank.

I will say the exhaust sounds MUCH better in person. I listened to all the clips before purchasing and was still iffy, but once I heard it in person I was very satisfied.
Totally Agree! In person it sounds unreal good and its just the perfect noise level too. Was there any modding on the PSE end with the vacuum lines or was everything plug and play?

Old 09-20-2015, 01:36 PM
No modding needed, the switchpath hooks up to the cars PSE vacuum lines so you can still use your exhaust button.

The only thing I had to modify (and this was not AWEs fault) was my vorsteiner diffuser. The AWE piping actually hits the diffuser.

Old 09-20-2015, 03:33 PM
No modding needed, the switchpath hooks up to the cars PSE vacuum lines so you can still use your exhaust button.

The only thing I had to modify (and this was not AWEs fault) was my vorsteiner diffuser. The AWE piping actually hits the diffuser.

Good information thanks very much. Would love seeing the Vorsteiner diffuser if you don't mind sharing a pic.. May be something I want to do as well. I love certain mods! Thanks Again!

Old 09-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by stratocaster69
Good information thanks very much. Would love seeing the Vorsteiner diffuser if you don't mind sharing a pic.. May be something I want to do as well. I love certain mods! Thanks Again!
I just had a guy on a Harley pull up to me at a stoplight and tell me the exhaust sounds *****in!

Name:  5B8C6D4A-B1CD-4035-97F7-35EFD66FEC3C_zpshwvdmrh1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  129.5 KB

Name:  04C43678-BD70-4001-9CA4-45242954566F_zpslqxh2jpb.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  148.3 KB

Please excuse the missing reflectors they're being painted.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:40 PM
I just had a guy on a Harley pull up to me at a stoplight and tell me the exhaust sounds *****in!

Please excuse the missing reflectors they're being painted.
That looks so darn good. I am doing that piece too lol. Love the look. Did you have to carve on it a bit to fit the AWE exhaust? Thanks

Old 09-20-2015, 06:08 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
An X-pipe is an X-pipe, there is going to be virtually no difference from one to another, its just open tubing.

Now an entire aftermarket cat-back exhaust is a completely different story.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by stratocaster69
That looks so darn good. I am doing that piece too lol. Love the look. Did you have to carve on it a bit to fit the AWE exhaust? Thanks
Yup had to carve a bit on both sides. While they were at it also cut a hole so oil can drain, otherwise youll need to remove the diffuser every oil change.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Yup had to carve a bit on both sides. While they were at it also cut a hole so oil can drain, otherwise youll need to remove the diffuser every oil change.
Thanks for the information. I suppose a person could epoxy or clear over where they had to grind or drill to protect it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust help