How do you burn out in PDK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 04:59 PM
BIGWORM is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you burn out in PDK?

I am new to Porsche and PDK. I came from BMW M cars. I just purchased a 2017 911 S

While trying to get use to the car I attempted to see what the car would do if I had PSM OFF and was in sport+ and just mashed the gas!

No matter how fast I press the pedal from a dead stop, it would just PERFECTLY slip the clutch in and SLING SHOT the car forward.

I know we dont spin to win! But is this how all PDK Porsche's are?

In addition to that, I was told that PDK had what BMW DCT called "kick down-Shift". Where if you are say going 80mph in 7th at 1.5K rpm, if you mash the pedal wide open and down shifted once, it would automatically threw you into the lowest gear the car can be in before smacking redline. So it would drop from 7th to 3rd in a nano second.

With my 911, I have to click it manually every gear. My buddy with a 15 TURBO, says his does it kick down shifts! But he also says his has a "click" point at WOT you can feel.

Mine DOES NOT.

So can someone please educate me on what I am doing wrong or tell me if it was changed on the PDK software?

Thank you,
BW.

Last edited by BIGWORM; 08-16-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:44 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new ride worm! Can't help you on the burnout question, however on the downshifting there is a button under the accelerator pedal that will be depressed when you push it far enough that will downshift the vehicle.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
Congrats on the new ride worm! Can't help you on the burnout question, however on the downshifting there is a button under the accelerator pedal that will be depressed when you push it far enough that will downshift the vehicle.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

No matter how much force we use mine will NOT drop more than one gear. If we push the pedal any harder it might go thru the floor!

Old 08-16-2016, 08:57 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest

Hope this helps!
Kick Down.
Hard to explain, but it's there and it works.
13 4S PDK
I had a friend drive mine to do Launch Control, he was unable to press the gas pedal to that kick down point to activate the steering wheel indicator light to say Launch Control and do Launch Control.
He tried like 5 times, and I was in the passenger seat.
Either his shoes and/or feet were too big.
I said use the ball of your feet...No go?
It's like an extra press for the gas pedal to Really go all the way down.
Kick Down worked for me!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by eldertec
Kick Down.
Hard to explain, but it's there and it works.
13 4S PDK
I had a friend drive mine to do Launch Control, he was unable to press the gas pedal to that kick down point to activate the steering wheel indicator light to say Launch Control and do Launch Control.
He tried like 5 times, and I was in the passenger seat.
Either his shoes and/or feet were too big.
I said use the ball of your feet...No go?
It's like an extra press for the gas pedal to Really go all the way down.
Kick Down worked for me!

Mine is missing!!! LOL. Or its broken.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:13 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Mine is missing!!! LOL. Or its broken.
Can you do LC?

Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by eldertec
Can you do LC?
Yup. That's EASY!

Old 08-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Regarding kick down in manual mode: I called my dealer and the service manager knew what I was asking but seemed perplexed that I don't feel it. He went to his showroom and found out his 2017 demo 911 doesn't have any throttle click in it either. So he goes to test drive it and he the service manager confirmed his 2017 did not function either!!! So he chrckS the manual and says that on page 283, it says kick down is in D mode only! Why would the remove that feature in manual mode? And I've had two members tell me there 17 does? What the hell is it? Does my car do it or not in manual mode?

Regarding burn outs. Nope. Unless I turn sharp and gas, no way it will aggressively let the clutch out fast enough so that it might let me spin the tires.

Last edited by BIGWORM; 08-17-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:00 AM
MagicRat has a spectacular aura aboutMagicRat has a spectacular aura about
2017 cars do not have kickdown. No button under the accelerator. Nada. People complained that manual mode was not 'truly' manual because of that feature and so it was axed. When you floor the gas in D the car shifts down, but in M mode a 2017 car will always stay in gear.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:41 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Makes sense to me, if you want it to kick down move the lever over then move it back.

ChuckJ

Old 08-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by MagicRat
2017 cars do not have kickdown. No button under the accelerator. Nada. People complained that manual mode was not 'truly' manual because of that feature and so it was axed. When you floor the gas in D the car shifts down, but in M mode a 2017 car will always stay in gear.
Thank you. Well that's just silly if you ask me.

No one is forcing anyone to use the feature. It's not in the way or anything? So why remove it Porsche?

Oh well, life goes one. But that's just lame.

Thank you none the less for confirming. I do appreciate that.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:50 AM
bmedude is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Thank you. Well that's just silly if you ask me. No one is forcing anyone to use the feature. It's not in the way or anything? So why remove it Porsche? Oh well, life goes one. But that's just lame. Thank you none the less for confirming. I do appreciate that.
Hit the sport response button.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by bmedude
Hit the sport response button.

It wont downshift in manual mode. It stays in whatever gear I have it in.

In Automatic mode, it WILL immediatly drop from whatever gear I am in, to a much lower one.

But again, that is in automatic.

I will just get use to slapping the stick to the right...lol