996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bobby's Famous K24/20G Car ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:24 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Bobby's Famous K24/20G Car ....

Does anyone know the details on that car? I know Marty has expressed on a few occasions that when it was up in his neck of the woods it caused quite the stir.

Did it have internals, etc.?

Just curious. I keep telling myself I am done with my car. I feel like i've got as far as I can without crackin open the motor and i'm not sure thats a black hole i'll be able to fish my wallet out of.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ben,

You have the full proto fuel system, yes? What about your intake?

You could go with GT30 turbos, especially w/ some of the new stuff comming out now and get more power.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Ben,

You have the full proto fuel system, yes? What about your intake?

You could go with GT30 turbos, especially w/ some of the new stuff comming out now and get more power.
Proto intake, fuel system and everything else minus internals.

Don't even start with the turbos. I'm keeping the K24/20's for now.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
what do you want to know... I had the car in chicago.... BTW, that is not the same car that has our custom turbos I have been talking about... that car in minnesota has special k24/20gs and the full proto set up.... tuned per Bobby's specs...
the gt2 he has is the one with the custom garrets that we are selling and this blows that 20g set up...
SO now you know that not every 18g or 20g is the same... yet most like to say they are... you get what you pay for...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 10-01-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Marek,

I doubt anyone other than Todd knows more about this car than you do. Divulge what you can. Just curious if it had internals and if the 24/20's had any additional modifications ..... clipped wheels etc.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Marek,

I doubt anyone other than Todd knows more about this car than you do. Divulge what you can. Just curious if it had internals and if the 24/20's had any additional modifications ..... clipped wheels etc.
haha... yeah but I know what is done to the turbos... I drove it with Bobby a handful of times.. I even worked on it...

Stock bottom end... all same components like you have.... he just has a different IC.... but the car is tuned very custom..... and that is probably where the difference is.... Bobby is crazy when it comes to tuning...
mark
no hidden tricks... but this garrett turbo we have blows it away... its not even close....

click to view

Old 10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
and can drive like its noones business hahaha. Hopefully with lots of logging Todd can nail a good tune for me.

Thanks Marek.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by bmoores
and can drive like its noones business hahaha. Hopefully with lots of logging Todd can nail a good tune for me.

Thanks Marek.
check your dvs make sure they do not leak... do a pressure test from the turbos.,... if you do not know how Pm me....
I do know that that tune he has is not openly given sold... that is a special program that took a while to nail down...

click to view

Old 10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Ben does not need any special tune....

Old 10-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !

Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Oh yes he does....

Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Hush your mouth!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Todd unfortunately our 24/18's are at the lower food chain level.Name:  coolsmiley.gif
Views: 663
Size:  3.7 KB

Old 10-01-2009, 04:05 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Todd unfortunately our 24/18's are at the lower food chain level.Attachment 106524
Speak for yourself ole Wally Walnut.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:12 PM
I guess I will have to try old bragger Todd, fastest Porsche on the forum to a friendly run. It should not be much of a race against my inj. only car. I am not a liter bike so you should be able to walk me pretty good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bobby's Famous K24/20G Car ....