996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Front lip removal and installation of Bayson lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:21 PM
No SubstiTTute will become famous soon enough
Front lip removal and installation of Bayson lip

I installed the Bayson Motorsports OEM lip today. A few pics are enclosed to illustrate the removal of the stock lip.

First remove the screws on the rear of the lip, one per side. Also be sure to pop out the metal sleeve, as this can impede the removal. Starting from the rear of the lip, pull the lip sideways as shown in the first pic. Do both sides. 8 years of dirt can help to bind the lip to the bumper. Then work it slowly toward the middle from both sides as shown in pic #2. Then pull straight forward from the middle and it is off.

Installation is the reverse. Start by inserting the center orientation tab and work sideways equally. Push it in all the way because the fit is tight when you get to the rear. When you get to the rear note pic #3. I inserted the screwdriver as shown, then pushed in from the side of the lip while withdrawing the screwdriver. The screwdriver acts as a ramp the get the lip over the wheel liner. Insert metal sleeve and tighten screw. You are done.

Fit is great. The only gripe I have is the color of the Bayson lip. It is more of a dark gray than the original stock one I removed, which was more of a flat black. With a black car, (as mine is) the lip may be more noticable. I guess I can always shoot it with some SEM flat black trim paint. I'll have to remove the car cover off of my car and back it out of garage soon to get it out in the daylight to check it out. 4 degrees F and falling here in Chitown!

Attached Images    
Old 01-02-2010, 06:24 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
I installed a Bayson lip a month or so ago and I love it! I had torn up my OEM lip on a steep driveway . I too have a black car and really can't say I noticed much of a difference in color between the Bayson and OEM...maybe slightly different color in your particular batch? Either way, it's an awesome value and a well-made piece

Like you said, though, fit is TIGHT!!! The first time I put it on, I didn't have it exactly lined up...it was short on one side and I thought it was too small Once I got it realigned, I was able to stretch it to fit

Old 01-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I need to get another of these for the track... We're going to bolt a simple splitter to the bottom of it to aid in aero... See how it works with the GT2 rear wing this coming season.

Mike

Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
check my cf lip

had this 4 months or so no hits no scraped no errors Name:  All 116.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  All 106.jpg
Views: 1553
Size:  117.9 KB

Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
My Bayson lip should be here tomorrow.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by steve harris
had this 4 months or so no hits no scraped no errors Attachment 113157

Attachment 113158
That CF spoiler looks sweet That being said, there is no way I would put that on my car because I KNOW that the very next day I'd curb it or something

Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i only drive the car on sat & sun or on porsche outings so i'm fairly safe......

Old 01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
As if you can't hit a steep driveway on the weekends I'm with G8. I'm going to keep the bling off parts of the car that regularly contact the ground.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
We're going to bolt a simple splitter to the bottom of it to aid in aero...
Did you catch the Top Gear where Clarkson made a front splitter for his endurance 320d out of ply-wood? That didn't work out too well.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:17 AM
ait109 is a name known to allait109 is a name known to allait109 is a name known to allait109 is a name known to allait109 is a name known to allait109 is a name known to all
Just did this this morning. Sought out and bought the lip from Bayson on ebay. Was securely delivered wrapped in plastic inside a full size box. New lip feels slightly heavier than the old lip and is definitely sturdy. My car is blue and I wasn't going to paint the lip. The color and sheen of the new lip looked fine to me as a factory replacement.

I left the new lip in the sun for about 30 minutes to let it warm up hoping it would make installation easier. Yes, that last step is tight but the screwdriver made it go right on. I used one with the widest blade I had while using my knee to push the lip on. Reused the factory screw and metal sleeve on each side. No additional hardware required. No sticky tape. No hassles.

Super easy.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:41 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve harris
had this 4 months or so no hits no scraped no errors
. Very nice! Check into silvered turn signal bulbs next. Will give the whole front end a unified look.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:58 AM
r6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to all
Just put mine on Friday after work. Great fitment. The last step on each side was very tight though. If you have a warm install day I would definitely let it set in the sun for a while in hopes that it will expand a little.