996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lost my headlight washer cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Lost my headlight washer cover

I ordered a new part but I'm wondering if anyone has replaced one of theirs. Is it just a friction fitting or is there a trick attachment gizmo in there somewhere? I didn't see any when I looked but maybe I missed it.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:11 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
lost mine too a few years ago on the way back from sharkwerks, my local p car dealer replaced it took about three min and was very very cheap. ofcourse i had more money then
sorry but the tech came out and it was done before i could see how he did it, my only time in the rain

Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
You have to order the whole assembly with the jet

I removed the cap off the new assembly, then had my wife turn on the washers with the lights on, you basically grab the assembly when it pops out and snap the cap on.

Real easy, seemed it bit more difficult to replace the whole assembly so I opted to just replace the cap.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Yep, you can either just replace the chrome cap or the whole nozzle. You will need two people to do it. One to engage the headlight washer (with lights on) and the other to grab the nozzle when it pops up. Once popped up, have them stop engaging the pump. While holding the nozzle have the person pop off the chrome cover and put the new one on. Or if you want to replace the whole nozzle assembly there are small tabs that needs to be opened up so that it will slide off the other end. ( use a small tipped screwdriver). The one end has teeth on it (kinda like a zip tie) it's also how you adjust the height of the nozzle. So take a visual before you take it off. So when you put the new one on you can put it on relatively at the same height. When holding the nozzle the part that pops up might start to slip out of your hands, so get a good grasp on it, maybe use gloves for a better grip. Either way it's easy. Probably a 5 min job, if that.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
Anyone paint their headlight washer cover to match the color of their car? I'm not feeling the chrome colored cap.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:34 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
My nozzle cover came off too..I ordered a new nozzle and in the meantime I fixed mine with epoxy. (the tabs that hold the cap on the nozzle broke)..

Old 09-17-2010, 04:41 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Is it just a friction fitting or are there clips that need to catch? Can it be re-attached in any position or is it point specific?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:10 AM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by landjet
Is it just a friction fitting or are there clips that need to catch? Can it be re-attached in any position or is it point specific?
It is point specific. You need to grab the black part of the mechanism and pull it up. If you buy the entire nozzle assembly you will see how it attaches. It is a simple job but it does require two people.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:13 AM
TT996al is just really niceTT996al is just really niceTT996al is just really niceTT996al is just really niceTT996al is just really nice
Originally Posted by Simi_996
Anyone paint their headlight washer cover to match the color of their car? I'm not feeling the chrome colored cap.
This guy did it on his car... click on the link and scroll down to the last post on this page you will see a painted headlight and the washer nozzle.
looks good.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eadlights.html