996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cars too low to pull in and out of driveway without scraping- Ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Cars too low to pull in and out of driveway without scraping- Ideas?

So basically the car scrapes front and rear end when pulling in and out of the driveway. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

I am thinking just a big piece of plywood and if it rubs the plywood it would be more so just gliding on the plywood?

Thanks!!

Old 10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
Try searching this subject has been discussed here before

Old 10-07-2013, 03:14 PM
litecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nicelitecast is just really nice
Griots garage has a curb bridge

Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by litecast
Griots garage has a curb bridge
I called them and sent them photos, their product doesnt work in this case.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:22 PM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
Other then using curb bridge as suggested you could redo drive way but that would cost. I'm sure you've tried this but go in at an angle?

Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
I bought Race Ramps and modified them to fit in my trunk/boot. I bought the 2.5" high ones made for scales, they were about $80 on amazon. If I ever come across speed bumps, I can lay the ramps down to put me up over without scraping. Note, running PSS10's and GT2 bumper... I only have 3.75" of clearance up front.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Simi_996 will become famous soon enoughSimi_996 will become famous soon enough
Are you on 18s or 19s? If you are on 19s, you could use slightly larger (but matching) tires to gain about 1/2" clearance.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:49 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
I had this problem also. I ran rubber mats from Home Depot that I cut into 14" wide strips and stacked them up and zip tied them together. I could taper the ends depending on how many were in the stack.

But the exhaust ended up shredding them after several months.

So................I called the county and they sent a crew out and poured asphalt at the end of my driveway to make a perfect ramp. It isn't pretty but it was FREE and the car pulls in great now. My understanding is that if they messed up while pouring your curb (and they did since your car scrapes) they will fix it or make it work.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i got some asphalt and laid it at the beggining of the drive way and made a nice smooth ramp.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
1. Drive at an angle.
2. Buy a supply of spoiler lips, replace when necessary, don't worry about it.
3. Move.
4. Pull a Costanza and bribe a work crew to hook you up - maybe they'll let you work the jackhammer.
5. Build a sweet ramp and jump the curb.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Rich L will become famous soon enoughRich L will become famous soon enough
Daily or nice weather car?

My previous house had a driveway that was impossible to get in and out of without scraping. Most regular cars would scrape, never mind the Porsche. Street had a severe crown and the driveway had a long slope up. Curb bridge didn't work. I finally cut a large cardboard box and laid it down before I pulled in and out. Still scraped but on cardboard so there was no damage. This would suck for a daily driven car, but mine is a weekend toy so it worked. Hack job, but the best I could do for the grading in the area.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
tried backing in at an angle. I can't get into my parents drive if i go forward, but at an angle backing up I can clear it... then just a really steep angle to get out and i'm fine.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Doug118 is on a distinguished road
A picture of the driveway would help

Old 10-07-2013, 07:59 PM
I am just gonna make a little wooden ramp with 2x4's......

Old 10-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
if the street perpendicular to driveway has slope relative to driveway, going uphill as approach driveway helps.

^ - angle the approach so that one wheel is completely on the incline before the other, failing which
^ - try backing up both ways

Bags of sand make good temporary removable/adjustable ramps. source the hardy bags from construction materials industry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars too low to pull in and out of driveway without scraping- Ideas?