996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:46 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
tested my custom made BMW E36 M3 Euro Spec Twin Turbo.

full street weight. Stock interior. Just me in the car.

91 F ambient, quite hot.

60-130 runs:
4,7 s
4,6 s
4,54 s

Final run 4,49 s with a 0,49 % incline, thanks God.

Sent 3 files to Scott for verification.
Thats a pretty damn fast M3, nice.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
tested my custom made BMW E36 M3 Euro Spec Twin Turbo.

full street weight. Stock interior. Just me in the car.

91 F ambient, quite hot.

60-130 runs:
4,7 s
4,6 s
4,54 s

Final run 4,49 s with a 0,49 % incline, thanks God.

Sent 3 files to Scott for verification.
Verified! Outstanding run!!

Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2011, 02:35 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Verified! Outstanding run!!

Nice job, TwinTurboM3!!

Old 05-22-2011, 03:23 PM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Scott,
thanks a lot. waiting for your 3.00 second runs.

vrybad, thanks mate.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:29 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
more info and pics of this beast!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buddyg
more info and pics of this beast!

My first M3, Euro Spec, bought it brand new, still special for me.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
One of my favourite cars ever.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:03 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Still need MORE pics!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Wow that e36 looks great. Def need more pics an action vids

Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 AM
sakimano will become famous soon enoughsakimano will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Here's a 5.71 60-130 from a EPL tuned Audi S4 on pump and meth @ 2 bar. Here are the specs:
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
I think this was 625ish... We've done 700+ with similar set ups and more boost. I expect this car to be sub 5.5 by the time we're done.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/428412-Tial-605s-vs.-KO4s-video-inside?p=6506809&viewfull=1#post6506809

WAIT...he made 625 whp and 650 wtq on the dyno (the build shop's dyno?)...but the car ran mid 12s in his best pass...and only trapped 128?

would be nice if more of these 60-130 superstars went to the dragstrip and were vetted with NHRA certified timeslips and video instead of graphs and in-house dynos.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sakimano
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/428412-Tial-605s-vs.-KO4s-video-inside?p=6506809&viewfull=1#post6506809

WAIT...he made 625 whp and 650 wtq on the dyno (the build shop's dyno?)...but the car ran mid 12s in his best pass...and only trapped 128?

would be nice if more of these 60-130 superstars went to the dragstrip and were vetted with NHRA certified timeslips and video instead of graphs and in-house dynos.
All of the 60-130 numbers are GPS verified by a SINGLE person. No bias, no favoritism. Not everyone runs their car in the 1/4 mile as many chose not to get 60-130 times. Differet strokes for different folks. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by bmoores
All of the 60-130 numbers are GPS verified by a SINGLE person. No bias, no favoritism. Not everyone runs their car in the 1/4 mile as many chose not to get 60-130 times. Differet strokes for different folks. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.
I understand that. The PBOX times are not immune from deception though, so don't for a second pretend it's a perfect system. If I put my PBOX in my neighbour's black 458, run a nice 60-130 time, email a SINGLE person the pbox file and say I did it in my wife's A4 Avant with groceries in the back...what then? Just saying it would be nice to see these cars backup the 60-130 stuff. The quarter mile isn't hard. I love how people say 'not everyone likes the 1/4 mile' or 'it's not or everyone'...wtf? So nobody rips their car through 4 gears? That's really all you're doing.

If we can get a look at trap speeds vs. other cars, it'd be great. For perspective, that car that ran 5.70 dyno'd (in house) 625 whp but at the strip it trapped 128mph...which is about the same (or less) than about half a dozen 450-475 whp B5 S4s have trapped.

The Audi tuning scene (particularly the B5 world) has seen far too many products pitched on dyno numbers and MS paint graphs...but these companies tend to stay MILES away from the dragstrip. I'm sure all of these tuning companies make nothing but fast cars and are perfectly good businessmen...but it's kinda getting weird that they won't go to the dragstrip (and when they do like last week, lots of embarassing **** happens).

Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Plenty of people rip through 4 gears I think the bigger issue is drivetrain issues launching the car at the track. Being totally honest thats why you don't see any 1/4 times for me. At the same time I also don't have any dyno numbers either. I'd rather get out and run the car against others.

As for you getting data from a 458 for your wife's A4 Avant, perhaps that's something you'd consider doing. However, I can say that the people posting times here typically aren't keyboard warriors looking for 60-130 fame. I would guarantee that they run THEIR cars and post THEIR times. Scott has verified probably 1000+ pulls on a number of different marquees. He has posted if he's found anything suspicious and i'm certain he'd be able to tell a 458 from an A4 Avant if only by shift points ........ anything suspect doesn't get verified.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:17 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
SAKIMANO got a very good point here.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Plenty of people rip through 4 gears I think the bigger issue is drivetrain issues launching the car at the track. Being totally honest thats why you don't see any 1/4 times for me. At the same time I also don't have any dyno numbers either. I'd rather get out and run the car against others.

As for you getting data from a 458 for your wife's A4 Avant, perhaps that's something you'd consider doing. However, I can say that the people posting times here typically aren't keyboard warriors looking for 60-130 fame. I would guarantee that they run THEIR cars and post THEIR times. Scott has verified probably 1000+ pulls on a number of different marquees. He has posted if he's found anything suspicious and i'm certain he'd be able to tell a 458 from an A4 Avant if only by shift points ........ anything suspect doesn't get verified.
I hear you. I also agree about the dyno etc. We don't buy fast cars to read charts

Also, the integrity of Scott or the numbers posted is not in question here...a thread doesn't get to nearly 100 pages by being without merit. You mentioned how he scrutinizes the pulls for red flags etc, and I was just raising a point that a car that is super hyped and posts dyno and 60-130 times that finally goes to the strip and runs mid 12s is a bit of a red flag for me. I'm pretty sure you guys didn't know it ran mid 12s last week...thus I posted the information from audizine. Maybe he doesn't know how to launch his car? Great...that's going to hurt his ET by a couple of tenths, but it is not going to knock 10-12 mph off his trap speed (he should be trapping 140mph). Maybe his gear shifter is misaligned or he doesn't know how to shift without stopping to change the radio? I mean he's spending at least 2 seconds doing something other than driving fast if he's running mid 12s making 625 whp/650 wtq. What is it? My car makes exactly HALF the torque and whp while weighing 250lbs more than his...and I ran within a few tenths of his time.

p.s. you should certainly reconsider your stance on the quarter mile. I mean ever pull away from a light spiritedly? I don't mean lighting up your tires...i just mean moving out nicely. Do so at the dragstrip and rip through 1-4 and your car will be fine. It's fun, and offers a great way to benchmark your modifications. As much as we all love the 60-130, it will never be the de facto standard acceleration measurement. That will always be the quarter mile.

Last edited by sakimano; 05-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list