996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Flat paint cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 05:27 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
Flat paint cars

I want to repaint my car with flat finish...what color ideas you have?...

I like the gunmetal or satin black but can't decide...

Old 03-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
The flat/satin black paint is horrible for upkeep due to scratches from washing and dirt etc. I did it, but don't expect it to look nice for more than a summer. A gunmetal may hide more of the swirls and scratches possibly.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Airrik will become famous soon enoughAirrik will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gu9cci
I want to repaint my car with flat finish...what color ideas you have?...

I like the gunmetal or satin black but can't decide...
I would say go with gunmetal, or flat black. I saw this once on a C6 Vette and looked awesome.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:58 PM
flash80 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Joeacc
The flat/satin black paint is horrible for upkeep due to scratches from washing and dirt etc. I did it, but don't expect it to look nice for more than a summer. A gunmetal may hide more of the swirls and scratches possibly.
This would drive me crazy. You can just wrap your car also--that way when you're done you can just pull it off and it won't screw up the resale. I'd assume that the wraps are a bit more durable than non-clearcoated paint.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:42 AM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
I would wrap it so you get a chance to see if you like it or not. Either way it isn't a new paint job and your factory paint is always still there. I like the flat look but I wouldn't paint it.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
i dont want to go with wrap..!It is easy to scratch...

I like the color of reventon..that is the gunmetal color.i have feel that everybody do the flat black so i like to have something different..I drop of my car tomorow for the pain job.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
If it's a garage queen or Sunday driver, it shouldn't be bad. Just from previous experience, the flat or satin paint jobs tend to attract dirt more easily. Post pics when you get her back.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:59 PM
flash80 is on a distinguished road
i dont want to go with wrap..!It is easy to scratch...

I like the color of reventon..that is the gunmetal color.i have feel that everybody do the flat black so i like to have something different..I drop of my car tomorow for the pain job.
There was some Lambo with a matte white paint job--looked ridiculous, I'd go with that color.

Edit...here's the link:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-gallardo.html

Last edited by flash80; 03-07-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:50 PM
my car is weekend fun...

That lambo looks good.i have black rims with red stripe and red interior..i dont know about that white..my favorite is that gunmetal lambo reventon so far..

Old 03-07-2010, 04:52 PM
i will definately post pictures after is done.I'm having the sideskirts and front bumper instal as well.I think that's gonna be sick!!!
i'm exited!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Besides just a flat black scheme on some previous manufactured cars, the Lambo's were the first manufacturer that I've seen incorporate the flat paint scheme(other than black) to their regular production cars recently. It must attract some others as I've seen Toyota LF-A Supercar and some of the high end Mercedes incorporate the flat paint scheme this year after Lambo did it, not with the Reventon initially but with the Gallardo.

And my favorite Reventon shot:

Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
my hood is wrapped and i plan on wrapping some other items...it doesnt scratch easy and i heard flat paint is hard to shoot with out seeming differnt colors on differnt panels...(shades of the color like lighter and darker blacks)

Last edited by Omarcoolguy; 03-07-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 AM
aja72 is on a distinguished road
Look, this is the new Black color.

Last edited by aja72; 03-08-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 PM
omar i like the techart hood emblem...where did you have from?..
i drop of this morning my car in bodyshop to get completely repainted with gunmetal satin.Exactly the same color like lambo reventon...I'm so exited to see the results

Old 03-09-2010, 12:38 AM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
i drop of this morning my car in bodyshop to get completely repainted with gunmetal satin.Exactly the same color like lambo reventon...I'm so exited to see the results
I'm curious to see the final results as well! What is the repaint costing you (if you dont mind me asking)? Also, are you having the WHOLE car repainted (inside where the engine is? are they removing the engine to do this?) Or better yet... what ISNT going to be repainted?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flat paint cars