996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

How many tickets have you gotten in your Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM
swaff has a spectacular aura aboutswaff has a spectacular aura about
How many tickets have you gotten in your Porsche?

How many tickets over how much time? Eager to hear some stories, mph/kmph over, gotten out of any, etc? Please post what kind of car you have too!

Swaff

Old 05-13-2013, 11:20 PM
911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about911C4S has a spectacular aura about
Tickets

Big fat 0...Valentine radar..24/7...Has paid for itself over and over again..

Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Zip.....haven't had a ticket in over 35 years.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Fozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of lightFozzybear is a glorious beacon of light
None. I keep the excessive speed for the track.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I got one last year on I-70 right in the spot where the speed limit drops from 65 to 55. I think it was for 68 in a 55.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 AM
aircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura about
I have received 4 tickets in the last 10 years. None of them made it past the court and went on my record. Always had lawyer represent and get reduction... Faulty equipment etc.. Worst ticket I ever had was 125 in 65 on I 95 north of Richmond VA. Was actually going about 140MPH at 3AM... . Even had a few friends go out with radios and clear the path for the run. Car towed, Put in back seat.. Real good times. Cost me about 1K in legal fees.... But never had it stick. Lasted over a year. Basically waited the court system out.

Yes, yes,, I have all the standard equipment... I love when guys say "I never get a ticket.." I never get one either when I drive 10-20 over limit. Nothing combats instant on with no traffic if front of you.. Period.

That was 8 years ago and was driving a 1989 Porsche 928.... No tickets in last 2 years in my Twin Turbo or GT3RS..

P

Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM
M BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud ofM BADGER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911C4S
Big fat 0...Valentine radar..24/7...Has paid for itself over and over again..
This.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
As I mentioned before none, but I do have an interesting story:

This past February the weather report was for a clear but chilly nite, around 40-45ish. So a friend and I thought we'd take our cars out for a nice run around 5am...We met up at the Sunshine Skyway at 4:30am. Went oveer the bridge going around 80mph and the plan was to open them up once we hit 75 South and run to HWY 70. Well, we did just that and all was good running hard at 130-135mph (my bud decided to slow down and get off at Ellington), then I noticed in the mirror two headlights coming my way, no biggie I thought, whoever it is won't be able to catch up...WRONG answer, next thing heres this FHP car right next to me caught I thought The I hear him on the loud speaker, sir, sir, I'm going to need you to slow it down I waved slowed down to 70mph and he took off....Talk about luck....

Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Pulled over just a few weeks after I own the 997tt by a a twenty year old undercover Chevy Cavalier. Seconds later was surrounded by 7 black and whites. Was doing just 15 over but they didn't have any evidence that I was speeding. Must be my exhaust. Got written up anyways and paid the fine. These guys were all in the mid twenties. Rookies and haters!

Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
pjweb911 is on a distinguished road
2 Tickets in the last 12 months - Moved to Northern CA from New England. I had not realized catching speeders was such an important pass-time of the CHP.

The first time was on 680 just outside Oakland. Coming home midday on a Friday doing about 85 and got busted. 20 years w/o a ticket ended in that moment. Online traffic court (no points), pay the fee, done and dusted. No biggie.

Bought a radar/laser detector.

Second time - I had the detector up and was crossing the San Mateo Bridge coming home from the airport late night doing at most, 80 mph. Got hit with what I thought was instant on. Slowed slightly but bc I was not flying nor did I see the police I carried on pretty much as is. 5 or so miles later I see the blues coming up on me at what can only be described as an incredible rate of speed. Did not even have time to take down the detector. 80 MPH for the ticket and a warning of reckless lane changes. I was too tired from the flight to ask when or how the officer measured my speed or WTF he was talking about lane changes. But by him writing the lane change bit in the comments I knew I could not go to court. The judge would eat me and my guards red Porsche *** alive. Paid the fine. Waiting for my insurance to go up. And honestly, driving slower.

I wish I could afford a 11-99 foundation membership ... good cause and helpful for those who cruise at 80 most days.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
Ca chp

its all about money$$$.
the starting salary of cadet just out of school is $68K, not bad for a snot nosed kid.
The head dude makes $484K.
These guys do quite well after 20-30 years on duty, and there are the retirement/benefits.
Here in my neck of the woods they are everywhere, hiding around blind curves, radar both ways, hiding on on ramps. Last summer I saw 6 cruisers on a on ramp and this fat f... was sitting in a chair on the overcrossing hiding behind a big green sign attached to bridge...shooting radar..
don't get me going.............

Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
yellow02996 is on a distinguished road
Zero - I'm a defense attorney. When I show them my attorney ID, they typically ask me to slow down and have a nice day. If you get any in Central NY State, give me a call and I'll do the same for you. LOL I drive fast, but not all the time. I do most of my high-speed driving on the track, which makes a lot more sense, frankly.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
In CA, if you're traveling 20 mph or less over the posted speed limit you are most likely eligible for traffic school. The infraction will not show on your DMV record if you pass the class. You still have to pay the fine though. If you receive another citation within 18 months of the previous one you are not eligible for traffic school and the infraction goes onto your record.

One thing about radar detectors. In my opinion, when you get the warning, most of the time it's to tell you you've been had. With the new laser units only a few detectors will detect them but by the time your detector tells you radar is being used it's too late for you, you're speed is already locked in.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:41 AM
don't get me going............. Here to...

We have this bridge from Hillsborough County (Tampa) to Pinellas County (St. Pete/Clearwater) called the Gandy Bridge, well if your going East from Pinellas to Hillsborough there is a section where they sit up and shoot across the bridge, if your speeding your caught! This bridge and the Howard Franklin are great places to open it up because they're 5 miles long 3-4 wide and straight. But you can't because the FHP and POPO know this, loads of places to "hide."

BTW, the Gandy was used recently to shoot an episode of Top Gear!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Wausau 911 is on a distinguished road
Haven't had a ticket in 20+ years - BUT- a few days after getting the 911 I was trying to see if the spoiler worked at 75. Went that fast for a few seconds and over the hill comes a state patrol. Tried to explain but to no avail. $200 & 4 points on a clean license. BS!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many tickets have you gotten in your Porsche?