996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Decided it was time to change the spoiler to a GT2 look

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 AM
carcster88 is on a distinguished road
Decided it was time to change the spoiler to a GT2 look

Got a decent deal for one used and shipped in my paint code. Was not too fun to install but all went well. Have to do some touch up work to fix a little damage from shipping but I like it. Did the microswitch tie mod so the spoiler light does not come on. Still has a code stored when you scan it showing spoiler brake light is not connected but no cluster light code for that...no issues for me. Again, this is my personal taste and I like it.

New Pioneer Double Din is going in this week hopefully also.

Attached Images    
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 AM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Drop it 1.25 inches to get rid of the wheel gaps. What brand spoiler is that?

Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Looking good We need a few more outside shots though to capture everything, I really like the stone guards.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 AM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
Your car looks great! Can you post any more pics from different angles? I would also like to see a few more of that stone guard, I have contemplated doing it on and off on my car several times.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jzarrabi
Your car looks great! Can you post any more pics from different angles? I would also like to see a few more of that stone guard, I have contemplated doing it on and off on my car several times.
i read a post yesterday of someone using magnetic stone guards, seems like a great idea

Old 08-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
Spoiler looks great!

Old 08-15-2013, 04:29 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Looks good! I think with a drop and some side skirts that car would look sick! If you're doing the Double-Din install yourself,Ebay has a kit that comes with everything you need to relocate the Ac and comes with a cool porsche cover plate. Let me know if you need info on it.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Thanks all, I got the stone guards from this place a few years ago. They still look like new and no fading. I use 303 Aerospace on them for protection. They stick on there very well and like I said, no paint scratches. They make them in gloss black, flat black, and a carbon fiber look.

http://www.magnagrafik.com/

I think the wing is a Misha wing.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
That looks great. Good job.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Wausau 911 is on a distinguished road
Lookin good! Maybe some new motor mounts?

Old 08-16-2013, 05:47 PM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
wing looks good.

From the looks of the aluminum mats you must be wearing sheepskin rug slippers all the time. (no scratches).

Old 08-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by jhthornley
wing looks good.

From the looks of the aluminum mats you must be wearing sheepskin rug slippers all the time. (no scratches).
LOL, that was a picture when they were brand new. They are scratched to heck from winter use with snow and other stuff I tracked in. The passenger side still looks like new though.