996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

"IMS Direct Oil solution TUNERS Motorsport" or LN ENGENIERING dual Row

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM
crossfire is on a distinguished road
"IMS Direct Oil solution TUNERS Motorsport" or LN ENGENIERING dual Row

I know these issue has been covered, but this is another type of question.

Hey I'm From Puerto Rico, here in PR there is not much information about these issue, I've done months of reading, browsing /searching ect but there is still not much feedback about this exact product that seems pretty functional .

Is a Carrera 1999 3.4 so is a DUAL BEARING , I would definitely do the upgrade there no doubt about it but i was planing with LE Engineering Bearing, LE just sell the Dual bearing Upgrade Without an Direct oil feed.

- Tune rs Motorsport has the DUAL ROW BEARING WITH "DIRECT OIL FEED" but honestly there not much information about this product or reliability Pros or CONS

Does anyone can give me some feedback or opinion about this product?

Has anyone installed this instead the LE bearing

or

Should i Just stick to the Dual Row bearing of LE Engineering .

Thanks for you time,

Old 09-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Some One?

Old 09-30-2013, 02:32 PM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Check out the "IMS Solution" by Flat Six Innovations and LN Engineering. It's different than the IMSB upgrade/retrofit and considerabilly more expensive. Most have opted for the LN Engineering upgrade, which is what I did and am very happy with it. Also, one big factor no matter which way you go is keeping the oil changed every 4-5k miles, I use DT40 which is a Flat Six and LNE product.

Hope this helps

Old 09-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
Check out the "IMS Solution" by Flat Six Innovations and LN Engineering. It's different than the IMSB upgrade/retrofit and considerabilly more expensive. Most have opted for the LN Engineering upgrade, which is what I did and am very happy with it. Also, one big factor no matter which way you go is keeping the oil changed every 4-5k miles, I use DT40 which is a Flat Six and LNE product.

Hope this helps

But the problem is, that i have an 99 Carrera and the IMS soultion does not fits the 99 Doble Row bearing..

Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM
158 views?

Can somebody help ?

No feed back about this product?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:36 AM
Cuda911 will become famous soon enough
What do you mean "no feedback"? As stated above, go with the LN bearing upgrade, unless you want to drop a huge pile more for the "IMS Solution." As far as I am aware, both are good choices. As also stated, change oil frequently (5 K miles or so).

Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Contact FlatSix innovations:

http://www.flat6innovations.com/

Old 10-01-2013, 04:51 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
DOF-direct oil feed system is one of the other options. Google "DOF Porsche 996" for info and retailers.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Cuda911
What do you mean "no feedback"? As stated above, go with the LN bearing upgrade, unless you want to drop a huge pile more for the "IMS Solution." As far as I am aware, both are good choices. As also stated, change oil frequently (5 K miles or so).

It Seems LN would be the option.

Just want to if somebody has tried this or an overview about this product TUNER RS Motorsport company has and its realibility..

Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
You're better off searching on the pelican forums as there are more early adopters over there using it. It hasn't been out that long nor has it been tested extensively before launch so at this point, there is some level of risk associated with it. For your dual row, the DOF seems to be a more permanent solution vs doing just the retrofit bearing which is considered a maintenance item now.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM
wmiranda is on a distinguished road
Huh?.. they make a single row and dual row IMS retrofit kit so I'm not sure why it is said that they don't make for for your '99.
I had the L&N retrofit done when I initially purchased my '00 996 cab. The bearing in mine appeared solid but was just very slightly "loose"... It may have lasted another 100k,.. it may have blown in 1.. don't know and,.. will never know. I didn't want to take the chance.

Bill

Old 10-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by wmiranda
Huh?.. they make a single row and dual row IMS retrofit kit so I'm not sure why it is said that they don't make for for your '99.
I think what was meant was that LN doesn't make "The Solution" for double row IMS cars, it's available only for single row.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
You can replace your IMS bearing with the Pelican kit which is applicable to both dual and single row applications:
Pelican Parts IMS Bearing Upgrade Kit

And the LN Engineering Retrofit Kit for Dual Row

Both are excellent options if you feel you must replace the current bearing. If you have not already read the article, we've put together some valuable info on this topic here: IMS Bearing Replacement Porsche Carrera

Mark/Pelican Parts

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 10-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by alpine003
I think what was meant was that LN doesn't make "The Solution" for double row IMS cars, it's available only for single row.

exactly, thanks

Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Hurdigurdiman is on a distinguished road
CROSSFIRE why would you be such a wuzzy? Leave the double row bearing where it is. It's gonna be OK. Cut open your oil filter each time you do an oil change and check for debris. If you see any shred of metal then think about upgrading. Drive the car for Gods Sake. Sleep well at night, you have the double row bearing and they do not fail anything like as much as the single row of later years.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "IMS Direct Oil solution TUNERS Motorsport" or LN ENGENIERING dual Row