996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Finally, new Techart suspension installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 03:33 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Finally, new Techart suspension installed

After almost 11 months of gathering parts to install new suspension, it was installed this week. This photo is the close to 60 different items needed to do it correctly,IMO.

This is profile before modifications

The complete kit consisted of Techart front and rear sway bars, Techart front and rear coil springs, made to Techart specifications by eibach.
The design and specs of these were based on using Bilsten B8 sport shocks.
Fellow 6Speed member had a like new Techart front strut brace

New Porsche drop links for front and Tarret for the rear.
New strut mounts all around, every shim, washer nut and bushings from Porsche were installed.

Also installed Dassport Roll Bar color match to car

Results

Thanks to all of you who assisted in guidance of dos and don'ts of this type of project.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2015, 04:00 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
very nice

Old 12-24-2015, 04:01 PM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
REALLY, you posted a pic, and didn't clear the leaves from the driveway

Actually, she looks great! You did a nice jon with her. Enjoy.

Okay, sorry... Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jim

Old 12-25-2015, 09:34 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Thank you, a couple more pics. Of course it was raining when I had to bring car home from shop.
I would like to thank some of the experts who gave me assistance:
Scott @ DAR
Ron @ Techart USA
Joerg @ Techart Germany
Staff @ Tire Rack
Ira @ Tarret
Staff @ ECS Tuning
Staff @ Suncoast

Old 12-26-2015, 08:44 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
In your opinion eh? Well, you know what they say about opinions... In any case, it looks awesome - I'm sure it handles nicely as well. I bet it cost you one rather large nut Nice job!

Old 12-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Dporto,
You are correct in all of your statements.
I have been in few sports cars with various types of suspension modifications.
If a car was beening prepared for the track, where suspension adjustments were required periodically. Then coil over set ups would be a logical choice.
My car was purchased to enjoy as much as possible, which includes DD, Auto X, Drag Racing and some DE.
Did a lot of reading reviews on suspension modifications. Combine with riding/driving other setups led me to my choice.
In addition, Techart has been closing out 996 parts, I had Techart at the top of my list.
I purchased the springs and sway bars, Bilsten B8 sport shocks and then all the wearable parts of suspension. Upgraded to Tarret rear drop links to take the abuse of 5k launch control via Evoms Stage IV tune and fast reving Asco lightweight flywheel.
The cost with installation about $2800, considering I only paid about $550 for springs and sway bars including shipping from Germany.
It did go over my modest budget, but I learned along time ago, if you can't afford to do it right, you can't afford to do it twice.
Now, the results, I am not sure how the engineering was done on this combination, I have a little bit of knowledge of metalurgy, hydraulics and suspension, just a little bit.
It is IMO, perfect for my application. The ride down the interstate is somewhat like that of my wife's Jaguar VDP, it feels like a full frame vehicle with a responsive yet cushioned ride. This may be due to the Dassport Roll Bar that was added at the same time, it has a design that incorporates a rear strut brace and added Techart front strut brace, that many people have said does nothing for body flex, (BS), it does reduce the flex.
The feel of the car driving spiritedly through my favorite long exit on the local interstate has exceeded every expectation.
The spring will bring some more than a few hours of driving, can't wait.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:44 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
Wow, great price on the springs and sway bars!...Glad it's working out well for you :-)

Old 12-28-2015, 11:24 AM
vdubjetta02 is on a distinguished road
Nice pick up and great package!

Old 01-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Update, Wow alignment made it sit completely different .
I have about two hundred miles on the new suspension now.
I just can't get over the quality of the ride, the handling test has been limited to long exits on the interstate and a few bursts up to 115, so far handling is also great.
Hats off, to the folks at Techart developing this suspension.
The other thing I noticed, while installing a different set of wheels, Cargraphic 3 piece 18"x9" & 18x11", (purchased from a fellow 6 Speeder,TY Adam) the way car lifts at jacking points.
The Dassport Roll Bar & Techart front strut brace, the entire car is more ridged. While lifting at the rear jack point, the front wheel lifts off the ground before the rear.
I believe this is why the car feels hundreds of pounds heavier while cruising at 70mph, it feels like a full steel frame car.
Here is new look:

Last edited by NYoutftr; 01-30-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
What a gorgeous pcar!!! You're a lucky man NY!