997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Error: Failure of engine comp. blower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:10 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Error: Failure of engine comp. blower

For the last month I've been getting this one intermittently, more as the weather warms. It seems to come on when the oil temp is about 190 and goes away just before 200. Speculating and using ignorant logic leads me to think there is a thermostat not kicking on a fan right when the computer wants it, but rather a few degrees later. I just want to make sure it's not serious. I live in West TX and a trip to the dealer is a 4hr trailer ride.

....and while I'm here, the break squeal horribly at low speeds under low to medium break pressure (ie: pulling up to a stop light). My PPI 5mo and 1500 miles ago said I have plenty of pad left at all 4 corners. Anything that can be done?

Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 PM
mozhacker will become famous soon enough
I had that on my 4S before I got the TT, turned out to be a faulty sensor either kicking in the engine blower late or never. They replaced the sensor and was fine.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mozhacker
I had that on my 4S before I got the TT, turned out to be a faulty sensor either kicking in the engine blower late or never. They replaced the sensor and was fine.
So, as long as I'm not overheating (which I am not) all should be fine until can conveniently get to a dealer?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Brakes. Are the PCCBs?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Periokid
Brakes. Are the PCCBs?
Sorry, should have mentioned that They are the stock steelies/reds

Old 04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
OK, got it. You might want to try some high speed hard stops. That can help sometimes.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
....and while I'm here, the break squeal horribly at low speeds under low to medium break pressure (ie: pulling up to a stop light). My PPI 5mo and 1500 miles ago said I have plenty of pad left at all 4 corners. Anything that can be done?[/quote]

I have the same issue dude. Squeals like a pig! (no Deliverance reference intended). I was told by the dealer and others on this forum that this is normal for the stock brakes. It's pretty embarrassing when you're pulling in somewhere. The hard braking thing never worked for me but give it a shot.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
mine only squeal coming to a stop when the brakes are dirty and dust has built up. I keep the car very clean so its rare I even hear it. Spend some time being aggressive on the brakes - safely and keep them clean, see if that helps.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM
FSU-997TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thackl
For the last month I've been getting this one intermittently, more as the weather warms. It seems to come on when the oil temp is about 190 and goes away just before 200. Speculating and using ignorant logic leads me to think there is a thermostat not kicking on a fan right when the computer wants it, but rather a few degrees later. I just want to make sure it's not serious. I live in West TX and a trip to the dealer is a 4hr trailer ride.
Had the same problem several years ago. Dealer first replaced the fan thinking that was the problem, but the message came back about a week later. On the return visit, they replaced the relay that controlled the fan and that fixed the problem.

I'd have them replace both the fan and the relay considering how far away you live.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the replies! I will get it done next time I am in Austin with the car... probably Aug or Sept

As for the brakes. They good for a couple hours after being pressure washed. I can't clean the car that much.... any good aftermarket options for when the time comes?