997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

End pipes warning...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 01:57 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
End pipes warning...

Put new end pipes on, looked great, fittment was good, thought I torqued them well.

Lost one (left) driving to work

Tip would be to secure the end-pipes with some wire.

Last edited by xbox_fan; 04-11-2014 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Spell check
Old 04-11-2014, 01:59 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute

I got the Schnell pipes from vivid, looks great imo and reasonable priced

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	B5F729D6-7678-4BFA-98F3-6B34BE80C677.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	358372  
Old 04-11-2014, 04:16 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
wow

Originally Posted by xbox_fan

I got the Schnell pipes from vivid, looks great imo and reasonable priced
Just wow

Old 04-11-2014, 07:11 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
They look similar to the fabspeed tips, but the FS clamp a lot more securely imo.
c

Old 04-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Any pic on the fabspeed clamp?

Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
xbox, do you have a pic of how yours clamps?

Old 04-12-2014, 02:40 AM
I managed to back track my drive from pre-school to work and found the schnell pipes

Name:	36D4AA20-DCAD-40E7-BDD0-B2BDFF970FBE.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	358951  
Old 04-12-2014, 02:41 AM

From the side...

Name:	ED03FDBD-6E57-4AE7-B6D7-6D7C61699C1E.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	358952  
Old 04-12-2014, 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by jjurroz
xbox, do you have a pic of how yours clamps?
Uploaded just now...

Old 04-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
glad you were able to find it, were they damaged??

Old 04-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by Kricci
glad you were able to find it, were they damaged??
Well a little will be visible, I think it could be polished out but I dont think I'll do that. I am prob the only one who will ever notice and it can stay as a reminder of not doing a half *** job again

Old 04-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
Well a little will be visible, I think it could be polished out but I dont think I'll do that. I am prob the only one who will ever notice and it can stay as a reminder of not doing a half *** job again
****, you must be over 50 too. I used the expression "half-assed" to a contractor a few weeks back and he kept chuckling to himself. When we were done talking, he promised to do the job "full-assed." Then he told me it's been decades since he's heard anybody say that.

I truly appreciate you.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Domer911
****, you must be over 50 too. I used the expression "half-assed" to a contractor a few weeks back and he kept chuckling to himself. When we were done talking, he promised to do the job "full-assed." Then he told me it's been decades since he's heard anybody say that.

I truly appreciate you.
Well only 42, but english isnt my native language

Name:	9B164496-BEBC-4AA1-8C8B-87AA19314D42.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	358967  
Old 04-12-2014, 10:24 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
I have the same tips and this is exactly what happened to me.lol I had a similar damage and couldn't stand so I smoothen the surface with sand paper and painted in black. Looks great and they match to my black "turbo" logo.:-)

You should use the thin metal band to make them tight and secure. Mine is super tight and never happened it again since then.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by swc
I have the same tips and this is exactly what happened to me.lol I had a similar damage and couldn't stand so I smoothen the surface with sand paper and painted in black. Looks great and they match to my black "turbo" logo.:-)

You should use the thin metal band to make them tight and secure. Mine is super tight and never happened it again since then.
I did use the thin ones, but didnt tighten enough on the driver side.

Will try to secure them with a steel wire to be super safe next time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: End pipes warning...