997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

COBB With IC's the Journey Begin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
COBB With IC's the Journey Begin

Hello everyone!

I install the AWE IC's on my .2 and make a few runs on the Vbox. I didn't retune with the COBB to see how the IC's will do. (all runs are w 93 oct gas)

Here are the VBox numbers from the beginning:

Softronics, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum (60-130) 8.4 91 octane specific tune

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users1...3317174172.jpg

COBB Tune, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum W/O IC's (60-130) 7.9 (1/4 Mile 11.0@129) 93 octane tune

Sorry no pics here

AWE IC's, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum (Same COBB Tune) (0-60) 3.0 (60-130) 7.5 (1/4 Mile) 10.9@132

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users1...3325798472.jpg

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users1...3327235858.jpg

The IC's are doing there job... lot of wheels spin on the last run (stock tires & pressure) also that 60-130 was from the same run that did the 1/4 mile... overall the numbers are good but not great compare to others, maybe the 90% humidity here affect some how... Hopefully we can "fine tune" until we get competitive numbers. right now we are waiting the release of the Pro Tuner Software

Last edited by bbywu; 05-30-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: fixed
Old 05-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Trap speed is not bad for your weather! Super hot and humid, so with better tires and tweak the tune a bit should go faster!!

Nice work! Enjoy the Dominican Republic!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-29-2014, 12:44 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
That's a great trap speed for pump gas. Champion went 135 on race gas, sounds like the power portion of the setup is working great.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:17 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Hello everyone!

I install the AWE IC's on my .2 and make a few runs on the Vbox. I didn't retune with the COBB to see how the IC's will do. (all runs are w 93 oct gas)

Softronics, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum (60-130) 8.4

COBB Tune, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum W/O IC's (60-130) 7.9 (1/4 Mile 11.0@129)

Sorry no pics here

AWE IC's, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum (Same COBB Tune) (0-60) 3.0 (60-130) 7.5 (1/4 Mile) 10.9@132

The IC's are doing there job... lot of wheels spin on the last run (stock tires & pressure) also that 60-130 was from the same run that did the 1/4 mile... overall the numbers are good but not great compare to others, maybe the 90% humidity here affect some how... Hopefully we can "fine tune" until we get competitive numbers. right now we are waiting the release of the Pro Tuner Software
Try uploading logs on datazap.me and share!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:23 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
^ Very good idea

Old 05-29-2014, 01:23 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Just to keep apples to apples, the Softronic is their 91 octane tune correct? Even though you had 93 octane in the tank.

Trap speed is solid so the car is making decent power. Plus humidity and temp play a huge role.

Do you have your 60 foot time if it was on a track or is it all VBOX? If all VBOX also dont forget the really good ETs come from a well prepped track and no spin.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:57 AM
Streetgear is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone!

Softronics, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum (60-130) 8.4

COBB Tune, FB Exhaust, IPD Plenum W/O IC's (60-130) 7.9 (1/4 Mile 11.0@129)

Sorry no pics here

Nice post I really like the intercooler data. They obviously are keeping the air cooler which means more timing or less being pulled. This accounted for some nice gain

BTW what was the outside temperature?

Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
The 1/4 times are based off VBOX not the track right? Traps on VBOX are typically ~2mph higher than you would see on a track

Old 05-29-2014, 07:00 AM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Trap speed is not bad for your weather! Super hot and humid, so with better tires and tweak the tune a bit should go faster!!

Nice work! Enjoy the Dominican Republic!

-Mitch
Thanks man, next week is the PR 1/2 Mile there... To much work to do hehehe

Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by rix
That's a great trap speed for pump gas. Champion went 135 on race gas, sounds like the power portion of the setup is working great.
Thanks

Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
Ok I try, never done it that way... Only excel

Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Just to keep apples to apples, the Softronic is their 91 octane tune correct? Even though you had 93 octane in the tank.

Trap speed is solid so the car is making decent power. Plus humidity and temp play a huge role.

Do you have your 60 foot time if it was on a track or is it all VBOX? If all VBOX also dont forget the really good ETs come from a well prepped track and no spin.
Yes sorry softronics numbers where with 91oct tune... This was on the street, on a track it will make better ET's for sure

Old 05-29-2014, 07:09 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Streetgear
Nice post I really like the intercooler data. They obviously are keeping the air cooler which means more timing or less being pulled. This accounted for some nice gain

BTW what was the outside temperature?
Thanks... Avg of 92

Old 05-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ecpChris
The 1/4 times are based off VBOX not the track right? Traps on VBOX are typically ~2mph higher than you would see on a track
On my expirience with all my cars and our track the difference is around .5 miles higher for the Vbox... Thats why I post Vbox 1/4 mile numbers when I have them

Old 05-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
On my expirience with all my cars and our track the difference is around .5 miles higher for the Vbox... Thats why I post Vbox 1/4 mile numbers when I have them
While a track will average the final ~66 feet of the run to calculate the trap speed, the Vbox will show your terminal speed. As such, you will always see a higher trap speed on the Vbox.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: COBB With IC's the Journey Begin