997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which cars share same PDK transmission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 07:02 PM
M_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really nice
Question Which cars share same PDK transmission?

Hey,

Does anyone know which other Porsche cars share the same exact PDK transmission as the 997.2 Turbo PDK?

Thanks.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:27 PM
M_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really niceM_coupe1999 is just really nice
Anyone?

Old 07-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Tarasser is on a distinguished road
no one =)

Old 07-14-2014, 01:20 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Unfortunately wiki is not conclusive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-clutch_transmission

Old 07-14-2014, 06:57 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
i remember your posts from before, please tell me that your tranny is not messed up?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Well the car drives and shifts perfectly, no noises or anything like that. I used to get 2 messages. one said "Transmission temp too high" and the other said "transmission emergency run".

I ended up changing gear oil + replaced the oil cooler and reprogramming. The "temp too high" message stopped coming out.

The "emergency run" message still comes out after driving harsh and after long drives in 122F heat.

I've taken the car to several places and no one seems to be able to determine the problem. One mechanic who specializes in Porsches said the problem is within the transmission and its best to replace the whole thing. The only transmission thats available is for a Porsche 997.2 4S.

So yeah thats my nightmare now!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:52 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M_coupe1999
Well the car drives and shifts perfectly, no noises or anything like that. I used to get 2 messages. one said "Transmission temp too high" and the other said "transmission emergency run".

I ended up changing gear oil + replaced the oil cooler and reprogramming. The "temp too high" message stopped coming out.

The "emergency run" message still comes out after driving harsh and after long drives in 122F heat.

I've taken the car to several places and no one seems to be able to determine the problem. One mechanic who specializes in Porsches said the problem is within the transmission and its best to replace the whole thing. The only transmission thats available is for a Porsche 997.2 4S.

So yeah thats my nightmare now!
Well does it go into some kind of limp mode when the "emergency run" message comes on?

Maybe everything is fine and the fact is where you live is very, very hot right now and beating on the car in these conditions is causing significant heat generation and you are triggering a warning because your transmission is getting very hot.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Well does it go into some kind of limp mode when the "emergency run" message comes on?

Maybe everything is fine and the fact is where you live is very, very hot right now and beating on the car in these conditions is causing significant heat generation and you are triggering a warning because your transmission is getting very hot.
Yes I agree with Longboarder. We have been looking into these issues as of late with one customer. We ended up being able to solve it.

Do you have a flash on the car by chance? This could also be part of it.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 07-16-2014, 01:47 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by longboarder

my thoughts exactly, if it dosen't go into limp and the only problem is the light , i would let it cool and drive it until the tranny quits before just going out and buying a replacement. i just had to replace my diff and if it wasn't 100% of the problem , i would not have replaced just to see if it was the problem. of course the god awful clunking scared the crap out of me as well.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Hey...

It does go to limp mode. And i don't think its just the heat, there are so many turbos here, and seem to have no problems because of the heat.

Cobb tuning, i didn't get your question. What do you mean when you say "do you have a flash"?

Old 07-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Hey...

It does go to limp mode. And i don't think its just the heat, there are so many turbos here, and seem to have no problems because of the heat.

Cobb tuning, i didn't get your question. What do you mean when you say "do you have a flash"?
Oh I just mean is the ECU been reprogrammed by someone, for more power. Does it have a tune on it of any kind?

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 07-16-2014, 07:28 PM
No, no tune done at all.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:50 PM
I have done a reflash and everything seems fine now! Drove the car harsh several times with extreme heat, and no sign of any warning messages. Strange ha?! Well i'm hoping my nightmare ends here, and it seems like it. What a piece of mind to know that i no longer need a gear box replacement and thank God i didnt rush into doing so!

Old 07-30-2014, 05:00 PM
I have done a reflash and everything seems fine now! Drove the car harsh several times with extreme heat, and no sign of any warning messages. Strange ha?! Well i'm hoping my nightmare ends here, and it seems like it. What a piece of mind to know that i no longer need a gear box replacement and thank God i didnt rush into doing so!
That's fantastic...good to hear. When you said you did a reflash, was that a transmission control unit (TCU) reflash from the dealer?