997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

93oct...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:20 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
this is the cheapest place i found a 5 gallon drum..
$71. / $14 a gallon
http://www.goestores.com/storename/h...-10490215.aspx

Old 07-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
this is the cheapest place i found a 5 gallon drum..
$71. / $14 a gallon
http://www.goestores.com/storename/h...-10490215.aspx

That's about the same cost as it is at the pumps.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:30 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
i paid $85 for 5 gallons at this place on long island for 100 oct.
^ THATS a rip off.
True...but it's still a bargain compared to what they charge us Canucks for the same 5 gallon pail.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:31 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
any links - id like to see this so i can save it for my private collection of unicorn tears.
lol

I'll have some performance numbers for Champion 68vtgs on 94 octane pretty soon

Old 07-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
On 3.6.. Over 700 awhp...now if you had a built 3.8 or 3.9......yummie

Old 07-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by prodigymb
any links - id like to see this so i can save it for my private collection of unicorn tears.
I've seen enough cars to agree with you...but my question is still not answered on built block 3.8-3.9-4.0....what are numbers on pump gas.....magic unicorn ...I was looking for more like magic fairy dust

Old 07-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
I've seen enough cars to agree with you...but my question is still not answered on built block 3.8-3.9-4.0....what are numbers on pump gas.....magic unicorn ...I was looking for more like magic fairy dust
I have a built 3.6 and I'm making about 760 on 93 and 820 on 100 octane.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
Like prodigymb started this thread, why even bother to "push the limits" on 93 octane when you can easily buy something with more octane? It'd be a better use of money (and probably cost you less in the end) to buy a proven FlexFuel-friendly ECM (ProEFI, Motec, etc), run a more common turbo setup (some variant of a 30R sized turbos), and buy 55 gal drums of E98. That way you can run any blend of ethanol without having to make any adjustments yourself (as opposed to having to drain your gas tank if you wanted to switch from a 93 tune to a C16/VP Import).

Several members have proven that with a proper ECM, a fully built stock displacement motor can put you above 1100 WHP. Reality is there's only so much Ignition Timing & Boost you can run before you hit the limitation of fuel octane.

Last edited by Mit_Boost; 07-29-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Why would I push limits...I'm not looking for 1000whp....I'm not mixing any type of fuel unless I'm at event or track...I'm just looking for a safe 3.8 -4.0 built turbo on 93 oct....with two normal turbos...I'm actually looking for the funnest car not the fastest ...850 whp would be nice....

Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Why would I push limits...I'm not looking for 1000whp....I'm not mixing any type of fuel unless I'm at event or track...I'm just looking for a safe 3.8 -4.0 built turbo on 93 oct....with two normal turbos...I'm actually looking for the funnest car not the fastest ...850 whp would be nice....
You're "pushing" the safe tuning limits of 93 octane fuel. Financially this makes zero sense, because you can have mid-700 WHP on a stock motor with Race Gas/E85 & 850 WHP with just rods The problem is by sticking to 93 octane, you're gonna have to run low Ignition Timing, which is really going to kill spool, make a "peaky" powerband, and not be very fun to drive.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
You're "pushing" the safe tuning limits of 93 octane fuel. Financially this makes zero sense, because you can have mid-700 WHP on a stock motor with Race Gas/E85 & 850 WHP with just rods The problem is by sticking to 93 octane, you're gonna have to run low Ignition Timing, which is really going to kill spool, make a "peaky" powerband, and not be very fun to drive.
Guess I better stop having fun in my car on pumpgas