997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front grills to protect radiators for 997 turbo.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:14 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Front grills to protect radiators for 997 turbo.

I spoke with Zunsport a few weeks ago and Pete the director kindly sent me a set in black to test out.

I decided to fit them as I have replaced the centre rad 3 times in 5 years and thought I am not going to do this again for quite some time I hope lol so this time I fitted some protection.

All I can say is they look very well made and come well packaged.
Fitment didn't take too long either and majority of people could fit the grills if I can.

Here's some pics.

Before.

After.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:22 AM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Interesting its first exterior solution I've seen. How does it fix to the grills?

Old 09-27-2014, 08:27 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maverick997
Interesting its first exterior solution I've seen. How does it fix to the grills?
They have brackets that hook round and clamp onto the black plastic inside the vents.

Pretty simple but clever and once you get them in place you bend them down with a flathead screwdriver.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:38 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
They have brackets that hook round and clamp onto the black plastic inside the vents. Pretty simple but clever and once you get them in place you bend them down with a flathead screwdriver.
Have pics of the grills before install?

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by STG958

Thanks.
I did take some I shall post them later.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
I dont know if I like them covering the slats. Maybe behind them.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by STG958

Thanks.
http://youtu.be/X3_sXA7zyBk

Old 09-27-2014, 09:55 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I don't think this will work if you have laser jammers

Old 09-27-2014, 11:35 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
I did something similar but went with the Rennline front bumper mesh grill kit (in black). It fits behind the front bumper slats and is a less obvious solution which works perfectly to keep debris out.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:07 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
i have these grills too, enhances the front end and comes with the protection! good stuff

Old 09-27-2014, 02:36 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
I also have these grills in stainless. They are available on ebay, but you can order directly from Zunsport in England. I mentioned 6speedonline, and they gave me a discount, also free shipping. I received them from England 3 days after ordering. They are more expensive than the rennline, but you don't have to take the front end apart to install.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:56 PM
When I spoke to the Zunsport I asked about a group deal and he told me its not a problem..

Old 09-27-2014, 09:32 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Looks good but man how many wholes do you guys have to drill in your bumper for those Euro plates jeezz

Old 09-28-2014, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by twturbo
Looks good but man how many wholes do you guys have to drill in your bumper for those Euro plates jeezz
I know it sux having all those holes. Next time I refresh the front end im gonna remove the front plate as it looks so much better and install a clear bra.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by JSF721
I don't think this will work if you have laser jammers

I spoke to Zunsport yesterday and they told me they could make the centre grills with a slight cut out for the Jammers and have done a few already.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front grills to protect radiators for 997 turbo.