997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tubi Vs. FVD Brombacher

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:46 AM
adamr930 is on a distinguished road
Tubi Vs. FVD Brombacher

I am sure there has been many threads about this in the past. I am a new owner to a White 997.1 Turbo and have came down to 2 choices on my exhaust system. I am thinking Tubi Catless or FVD. Would like to hear some input on what you guys think.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 10-01-2014, 11:08 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adamr930
I am sure there has been many threads about this in the past. I am a new owner to a White 997.1 Turbo and have came down to 2 choices on my exhaust system. I am thinking Tubi Catless or FVD. Would like to hear some input on what you guys think.

Thanks,
Adam
FVD - there is no substitute.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 AM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
FVD - there is no substitute.
I have a Tubi on my 2007 tt - its ok - I like the low RPM sounds - but above 4k - sounds very OEM to me. I came from a Europipe in my 2009 which I loved and enjoyed more than the Tubi (across the entire RPM curve). I've heard a friends FVD and found that very cool as well.

Good luck.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:29 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Just enjoyed a spirited run with two 997TT with FVD exhausts and trust me, they sound incredible. They simply scream at WOT. That said, you didn't say what type of sound you were looking for, the spectrum runs from slightly louder than stock to bat$hit loud! Haven't heard a tubi in person but I believe it sounds closer to the stock end of the spectrum... you won't be disappointed with FVD Brombacher!

Old 10-01-2014, 06:17 PM
adamr930 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by akunob
Just enjoyed a spirited run with two 997TT with FVD exhausts and trust me, they sound incredible. They simply scream at WOT. That said, you didn't say what type of sound you were looking for, the spectrum runs from slightly louder than stock to bat$hit loud! Haven't heard a tubi in person but I believe it sounds closer to the stock end of the spectrum... you won't be disappointed with FVD Brombacher!
I'd like to thank everyone on their input!
I have gladly ordered the FVD Catless System along with the FVD Software. I am super excited and cannot wait to get it. Wait time is 2-3 weeks as the system is located in Germany. I will post before and after videos for the forum members to hear. I also wanted to give a big thanks to Rhonda from FVD, she was a super great help, highly recommended, and super informative ! If you are looking for any Porsche mods, give her a call!

Old 10-02-2014, 01:35 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adamr930
I'd like to thank everyone on their input!
I have gladly ordered the FVD Catless System along with the FVD Software. I am super excited and cannot wait to get it. Wait time is 2-3 weeks as the system is located in Germany. I will post before and after videos for the forum members to hear. I also wanted to give a big thanks to Rhonda from FVD, she was a super great help, highly recommended, and super informative ! If you are looking for any Porsche mods, give her a call!

This is great news. You will love it. Rhonda is awesome, I have been dealing with her and Fvd for 5 years now and their service is top notch, not too mention Rhonda's car knowledge puts most fellas to shame.