997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo S at NoFlyZone 11-15-14 Half Mile Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 02:26 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
997.2 Turbo S at NoFlyZone 11-15-14 Half Mile Event

I took both my M3 and 911 to the NoFlyZone 11-15-14 Half Mile roll-on event. I'm running a more conservative version of the GIAC "9-second" tune until my fueling situation is addressed as I was hitting fueling limit a few weeks ago at Shift Sector. I didn't get many runs with the 911 but here are the results against some cars I have run previously and also a 1,500 AWHP GTR which is pretty funny and also a Lamborghini Huracan which I think will surprise you a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PV3...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Nevermiss is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by longboarder
I took both my M3 and 911 to the NoFlyZone 11-15-14 Half Mile roll-on event. I'm running a more conservative version of the GIAC "9-second" tune until my fueling situation is addressed as I was hitting fueling limit a few weeks ago at Shift Sector. I didn't get many runs with the 911 but here are the results against some cars I have run previously and also a 1,500 AWHP GTR which is pretty funny and also a Lamborghini Huracan which I think will surprise you a bit:

I enjoy your vids. So from you sig it looks like you have OEM headers and turbos and can still do this?

Old 11-20-2014, 03:19 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nevermiss
I enjoy your vids. So from you sig it looks like you have OEM headers and turbos and can still do this?
If you are referring to hitting fueling limit, yes it can be done with stock headers and turbos. It probably takes 650-660 wheel HP to get there from what I understand. The GIAC file I was running had me boosting 22-24psi at the Shift Sector event.

My car was hauling *** with this set up and hit 6.47 60-130mph on a flat surface at 80 degree day time temps even though it was cutting out over 6,500 rpm.

The file I ran at the NoFlyZone was 19-20psi so was down a lot of power comparatively however I have a fueling solution in the works from vendor Emmanuele Design and Champion/GIAC and will get back to the 22-24psi file shortly

Old 11-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Can't view at work. How did the Huracan do?

Old 11-20-2014, 04:53 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Great videos as usual Adam, saw this on my yootoob today whilst I was losing money as markets went up again... at least this made me smile

Old 11-20-2014, 05:42 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Nice vid buddy... Q. why didn't you run against the Aventador, Bugatti, etc.? On this events always pairs the cars by there HP? is there any "Free Time" runs that you can invite who ever you want to have some fun?

Old 11-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
GREAT run with the ZR1!!! I would love to know the mods that ZR1 had, as that was one hell of a race!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Man you can really see where the 6mt on that 997.1 hurts its momentum. While slowing during shifting the pdk keeps accelerating. I mean it almost looks like he missed a shift although he prolly didnt.

That gtr was just ridiculous. Made you look like you werent even accelerating.

As far as the zr1...they can trap 132 or so stock so on a roll race with light weight, good aero and rwd they could be a threat. To hang with you it may have only had a full exhaust. Or if it needed more just a pulley and tune. I bet it didnt have much more than that though. Just my opinion. 6mt too.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Nice vid as always!

You'll be back up to kill mode real soon...

Old 11-21-2014, 10:00 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
As usual ... leaves the non-attending peeps in awe .. Maan that looks like fun - great vids.
ZR1 - couldn't be a closer race; 1st MBZ run was close as well - not bad for a 4Dr sedan.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:09 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great video as usual...looked like fun! The Mercedes was fairly quick though, the ZR1 (would love to know its mods) and the GTR was crazy! The Huracan was spanked, did the driver have a bad start or something?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AriS4
As usual ... leaves the non-attending peeps in awe .. Maan that looks like fun - great vids.
ZR1 - couldn't be a closer race; 1st MBZ run was close as well - not bad for a 4Dr sedan.
You're in LA...you should go! I have to say...I met up with Uncle Longboarder at one of the events back in March, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I call him uncle because it seemed like he knew everyone there, and they all knew him lol. I was pleasantly surprised. It was like Race Wars, but without the wars LOL. The vibe of the whole even was so laid back and friendly across all the different makes of cars. I met a lot of really great people while I was there, Porsche owners, import car owners, American car owners...didn't matter, everyone was so friendly that I started to forget I was basically at an organized street race lol. I highly recommend it..

Old 11-21-2014, 10:18 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
You're in LA...you should go! I have to say...I met up with Uncle Longboarder at one of the events back in March, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I call him uncle because it seemed like he knew everyone there, and they all knew him lol. I was pleasantly surprised. It was like Race Wars, but without the wars LOL. The vibe of the whole even was so laid back and friendly across all the different makes of cars. I met a lot of really great people while I was there, Porsche owners, import car owners, American car owners...didn't matter, everyone was so friendly that I started to forget I was basically at an organized street race lol. I highly recommend it..
I love Tony's (Omega Motorsports) events - everyone is friendly and LOTS of runs - I got my car back on Friday - I was about to jam out there Saturday - but I had not even data logged my car and I was afraid it may have been a recipe for disaster... still breaking in motor after dropping a valve ; so far car feels great and would love to hopefully have the car in tact for the next event whatever it may be ...while it was getting rebuilt - converted to E85 and some 3586s ... breaking in motor at wastegates .9 BAR -loving it

Old 11-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder

Wow, that ZR1 race. Looks like Ken's stock plugs were the issue as he is back and running strong again. You're gonna make eric buy an even lighter E63 after the next setup we put in your car. He is was just starting to get close again.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Can't view at work. How did the Huracan do?

Not well...like 7-8 cars difference maybe more. You'd think that a car that achieves a 0-60 in 2.5 and 10.4@135 would be able to keep up. I'm 100% sure those were fudged though. It's maybe a 125 trap car.

Originally Posted by wolfhedge
Great videos as usual Adam, saw this on my yootoob today whilst I was losing money as markets went up again... at least this made me smile

Ouch sorry to hear. Shorting equities? Bonds? Currencies? Commodities?

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Nice vid buddy... Q. why didn't you run against the Aventador, Bugatti, etc.? On this events always pairs the cars by there HP? is there any "Free Time" runs that you can invite who ever you want to have some fun?

It's free runs all day. You can organize a race with someone or just get in line and race whomever you line up with. The Bugatti ran solo all day except did one run against the Aventador

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
GREAT run with the ZR1!!! I would love to know the mods that ZR1 had, as that was one hell of a race!

I've seen the car at other events so next one I'll get to ask

Originally Posted by Yogi911
Man you can really see where the 6mt on that 997.1 hurts its momentum. While slowing during shifting the pdk keeps accelerating. I mean it almost looks like he missed a shift although he prolly didnt.

That gtr was just ridiculous. Made you look like you werent even accelerating.

As far as the zr1...they can trap 132 or so stock so on a roll race with light weight, good aero and rwd they could be a threat. To hang with you it may have only had a full exhaust. Or if it needed more just a pulley and tune. I bet it didnt have much more than that though. Just my opinion. 6mt too.

I had about a 100lb disadvantage on the driver/passenger. My passenger and I weighted nearly 400lbs and the ZR1 driver/passenger were a combined 280lbs at most. And that car is what...3,300 lbs stock so it had a nice weight advantage. But you have to give it up for the driver...he shifted really well looking at the vid. It was a really fun race!

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Nice vid as always!

You'll be back up to kill mode real soon...

Originally Posted by AriS4

That's my boy Eric. That 5.5 litre twin turbo AMG motor is insane. Mid 600's to the wheels HP and TQ is mid 700's with the tune/downpipes. So when he gets traction he just takes off.

Originally Posted by akunob
Great video as usual...looked like fun! The Mercedes was fairly quick though, the ZR1 (would love to know its mods) and the GTR was crazy! The Huracan was spanked, did the driver have a bad start or something?

I asked at the end of the race and the driver said clean start but in my mind it seemed like I took off earlier than he did. The driver said it wasn't that...it was my torque that just shot me forward and left him badly on the 40mph roll.

Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Wow, that ZR1 race. Looks like Ken's stock plugs were the issue as he is back and running strong again. You're gonna make eric buy an even lighter E63 after the next setup we put in your car. He is was just starting to get close again.
lol poor Eric. Gonna have to crush him next time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo S at NoFlyZone 11-15-14 Half Mile Event