997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Interested in a Loud Exhuast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 02:40 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
BBI Autosport is in Huntington Beach. You need to take a drive there and listen to their exhausts. You will not be disappointed with what you hear.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:09 PM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
I have been talking to TechArt Local and overseas, and they gave me a MSRP pricing for $8500 for just the center muffler and keeping my factory cats. This is for their racing exhaust (center piece) only. I will have to go with other options listed here on the forum.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:10 PM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Now the problem seems to be a bit more complicated. After visiting few shops I am glad I didn't just buy a system online. The problem happens to be with the rear bumper not being factory. It's a Techart bumper which sits lower than the factory bumper. The exhaust tips on the factory bumper sit about 4 to 6 inches above my Techart bumper. Which makes my project to be either a custom project or a Techart replacement which costs an arm and a leg. I did visit BBI today and their exhaust sounded pretty nice. BBI offered to make the custom exhaust + muffled Quad 90mm outlets + custom etching on the tips all for $5200 installed including cats.
Any suggestions regarding the Techart bumper and custom exhausts?
Thanks.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:23 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

BBI seems like a great deal for a custom exhaust and I've heard their exhaust in this vid and it does sound awesome albeit this is on a gen 2 turbo.

You should also maybe get a quote from Stef at Europipe too after sending him pics of your rear bumper. Each exhaust is made to order so it shouldn't be difficult to reconfigure a Europipe to work with your bumper. The Europipe exhaust to have is the stage 2 loud version which ironically isn't loud at all. It has 100 CEL Emitec race cats which are probably the best race cats out there. Here's what it sounds like but no vid does it justice - I have a long tunnel near me at wot through there the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! Quality wise its second to none and no CELs to boot!

Europipe - stef@europipe.be

Old 02-01-2015, 06:11 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
BBI seems like a great deal for a custom exhaust and I've heard their exhaust in this vid and it does sound awesome albeit this is on a gen 2 turbo.

650 HP BBi Autosport Porsche 997 Turbo S - /TUNED - YouTube

You should also maybe get a quote from Stef at Europipe too after sending him pics of your rear bumper. Each exhaust is made to order so it shouldn't be difficult to reconfigure a Europipe to work with your bumper. The Europipe exhaust to have is the stage 2 loud version which ironically isn't loud at all. It has 100 CEL Emitec race cats which are probably the best race cats out there. Here's what it sounds like but no vid does it justice - I have a long tunnel near me at wot through there the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! Quality wise its second to none and no CELs to boot!

Europipe 2 - First start on Vimeo

Europipe - stef@europipe.be
EP2 is great...but OP has 997.2 so no EP2 option for him.