997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Time has come to move on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 03:47 PM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Time has come to move on...

It comes as a bitter sweet moment that I must say goodbye to my 997.2 Turbo after a love affair when I bought the car back in Nov of 2013. Car has 11,000 miles and in pristine condition. It was quite humbling being able to reach my life long goal of owning one of the finest piece of machinery ever to be produced, and now the time has come as I go on to pursue other ventures. I'm parting out the following parts: BBI Race exhaust, Cobb Accessport with custom BBI tune, IPD plenum, IPD Y-pipe, 3-Bar BBI Pressure sensors (work with the tune). I am also parting out the wheels I just got: Fully Forged Monoblock NICHE Stuttgart in 19x12 and 19x8.5 wrapped in Michelin PSS 325/30/19 and 245/35/19 98% tread remaining.

Car will be returned 100% to stock and will soon be posted on Cars.com, Autotrader, Dupont Registry, and Ebay. Comes with 7 year 100,000 mile CPO warranty.

If you guys have any pointers on what I can do to sell this as quick as possible, it is much appreciated.

Thanks for all the helpful information over the years. I will def continue reading the boards for all the great information I have received over the last few years! I'll let you guys know once this thing is finally gone.

Pic above when I first picked her up from the dealership.

Here is how she looks below:

Old 04-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear you are selling it!

It was good to work with you! If you ever need anything please feel free to let us know.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 04-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor
Zeyger will become famous soon enough
Hopefully on to bigger and better things. Good luck on the sale!

Old 04-07-2015, 09:29 PM
GhostTT is on a distinguished road
You did the exact same mod setup I am looking into! Whats the next car that you're getting lol?

Old 04-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold
Will those wheels fit on a 996TT? Your car is amazing, Im sure whatever is next will be amazing.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:14 PM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GhostTT
You did the exact same mod setup I am looking into! Whats the next car that you're getting lol?
Looking at a McLaren 570S. In the process of buying a home as well so once the house settles I'll be at the McLaren dealership lurking

Old 04-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kendall993
Will those wheels fit on a 996TT? Your car is amazing, Im sure whatever is next will be amazing.
I believe they should fit as long as you trim the rear fender liner. I've seen guys even run 12.5" width on 996.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Sorry to hear you are selling it!

It was good to work with you! If you ever need anything please feel free to let us know.

-Mitch
Mitch, you were amazing to work with. I will def let you guys at Cobb dig into the McLaren once I'm ready to add more power

Old 04-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
PM sent.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:06 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Is the hood wrapped or actual carbon? I might be interested in that if you are reverting back to white for the sale.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car - I'm sure you'll have zero problems finding a second owner!!!

Old 04-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by HIX
Is the hood wrapped or actual carbon? I might be interested in that if you are reverting back to white for the sale.
hood is wrapped

Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 PM
RugRunner is on a distinguished road
Man I love a white turbo

Old 04-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Nevermiss is on a distinguished road
GLWS!

I had a 650S on my tail at the track the other weekend while in my 997.2 TTS. The McLaren was definitely faster than me through the tight turns. Maybe it was just the driver?

The 570S pics/specs look very interesting!

Old 04-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Nevermiss
GLWS!

I had a 650S on my tail at the track the other weekend while in my 997.2 TTS. The McLaren was definitely faster than me through the tight turns. Maybe it was just the driver?

The 570S pics/specs look very interesting!
Yea - one of the main reasons I'm moving on from the TTS is it's crap handling. The rear end is like you have a trailer with an elephant on it.

I will def not miss that *** wiggle on turns.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time has come to move on...