997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Just a few video's from No Fly Zone Midwest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 02:58 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Ok you will be dialed in for next time

By the way the McLaren 12C was trapping 151-ish so you were flying out there. I bet your 148 was pretty close to the stock 997.2 Turbo S that was out there on Saturday.
How did your BMW do Longboarder?? As well as you hoped?

I had the same issue with the starting...seemed to figure it out towards the end. Also discovered my Torque app pegged at 158.4 MPH? Must have to change a setting...

DC

Old 10-07-2015, 04:36 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by therock88
How did your BMW do Longboarder?? As well as you hoped?

DC
Yeah thx it did great considering the conditions. It is supercharged not turbo charged so it is negatively impacted by heat/higher density altitude like what we had this past weekend.

I ran against 3 Porsche's so I can do a mini-vid on that and post it up in a bit.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Yeah thx it did great considering the conditions. It is supercharged not turbo charged so it is negatively impacted by heat/higher density altitude like what we had this past weekend.

I ran against 3 Porsche's so I can do a mini-vid on that and post it up in a bit.
Longboarder,

Who do you think you are holding back videos?! You think you can just get everyone hooked on all your previous videos and now prolong and or with hold new confessed videos!?!?

You got us hooked like a crack dealer does his clients and you feel you can just flippantly not post the vids as soon as you get them!! You BETTER post ASAP or we at 6SPEED would get you BANNED AT THE LEAST and or further more have your 911 confiscated accordingly. I am putting this keyboard down and when I get back we all expect to see a thread posting your said videos!

Pls govern yourself accordingly!

(J/k's encase some one thinks this is for real.... Hey you never know)

Old 10-07-2015, 06:27 PM
AZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really nice
Talking

I could have had a video of him going by me, but I had a gopro fail, so it never happened unless he shows it. Then, I am pretty sure it happened!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:16 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !

Put another clip up on Youtube...Kind of repetitive, but mixed in some of the crappy outside vids from my wife's iPhone. Also only used my phone, so no varied angles like the GoPro...Oh well...extremely novice

Still get the idea it was fun, and fast ....

Last edited by therock88; 10-07-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Longboarder, Who do you think you are holding back videos?! You think you can just get everyone hooked on all your previous videos and now prolong and or with hold new confessed videos!?!? You got us hooked like a crack dealer does his clients and you feel you can just flippantly not post the vids as soon as you get them!! You BETTER post ASAP or we at 6SPEED would get you BANNED AT THE LEAST and or further more have your 911 confiscated accordingly. I am putting this keyboard down and when I get back we all expect to see a thread posting your said videos! Pls govern yourself accordingly! (J/k's encase some one thinks this is for real.... Hey you never know)
I understand and will ban myself if I don't put up said video in the next 24 hours.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:13 AM
I understand and will ban myself if I don't put up said video in the next 24 hours.
Looks like you made it! Saw your other post. Nice clear videos, and your BMW was running good!

DC

Old 10-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Somy has a spectacular aura aboutSomy has a spectacular aura about
Wish I had met you guys out there! I saw the White BMW and that thing was taking names out there! I sold my E92 M3 about 3 months ago and it sure makes me miss her.

Lil video of the Cars & Coffee followed by NoFlyZone. If you guys make it down again in December I would like to run with some of you! Cheers

Old 10-12-2015, 06:23 PM
AZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really nice
Awesome Video! Great drone stuff, and your car looks great! Thanks for putting it up!

Old 10-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Somy
Wish I had met you guys out there! I saw the White BMW and that thing was taking names out there! I sold my E92 M3 about 3 months ago and it sure makes me miss her.
Awesome vid! The footage way above the airstrip was fantastic.

Hopefully I can make the next event. I remember your car it looks terrific.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by AZ996TT
Awesome Video! Great drone stuff, and your car looks great! Thanks for putting it up!
Thanks AZ 996TT! I'm in AZ so if you know if any group drives please keep me posted!

Old 10-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Awesome vid! The footage way above the airstrip was fantastic.

Hopefully I can make the next event. I remember your car it looks terrific.
Thank you!

I will do my best to install a set of Cobb E85 injectors and install the E85 map. I'm also lucky to have Mitch from Cobb move back to AZ. He is really good friends with some of my close friends so I see an E85 protune in my near future