997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Just a few video's from No Fly Zone Midwest

Old 09-21-2015, 08:41 AM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting. You must have gone Sunday only? I was the only Porsche on Saturday. Airstrip was pretty rough eh? My car was filthy afterwards....cleaned it for 4 hours Sunday I had fun though....once I figured out how to hit the gas at the right time My best trap was 163.4 mph. Lots of 159-161's. I was pretty happy with it! Only cars that wanted to run me all had 800-1000 HP ....Funny crowd on Saturday....seemed to want to stand by their cars more than race...so I got in over 25 runs ...My first event, and enjoyed it....997 TTs are amazing....I was hot lapping 5 in a row with no issues other than brakes fading a little....

DC

Old 09-21-2015, 07:50 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Yes, we went Sunday and it was pretty dead. Maybe 50 cars, I could have made 100 passes, I kept going from a dig. I tried to go from a roll a few times and had lower MPH's. They do need to clean that run way up, lots of rocks. Plus that left lane had a nice dip in it about 600 feet out. Other than that it was ok. I wish it was closer to Chicago, it took about about 2 hours to get there. You're right, it was a lot of people standing by their cars and washing them there instead of racing.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:35 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
Yes, we went Sunday and it was pretty dead. Maybe 50 cars, I could have made 100 passes, I kept going from a dig. I tried to go from a roll a few times and had lower MPH's. They do need to clean that run way up, lots of rocks. Plus that left lane had a nice dip in it about 600 feet out. Other than that it was ok. I wish it was closer to Chicago, it took about about 2 hours to get there. You're right, it was a lot of people standing by their cars and washing them there instead of racing.
Haha....Yes. I am a little over an hour away so not bad. And every time I would actually get someone to race me, they would say..."I want the right lane" At about 130-140 you hit that patch in the left lane and feel the car launch...not fun!...

Took me most of the day to get the rolling launch right....I should have just shifted and left in manual...but like a dummy I kept forgetting...Seemed like right when I would get to the cones the car would shift up and then almost stop while it downshifted....But I finally got it right and smoked a few .....People were pretty nice overall....Lots of Vettes...All the Z06's wanted a piece, and I beat them all....except one guy who saw me beating them and as soon as we started to roll, he just punched it...CHEATER ...I had my wife in with me, and almost caught up...

Had a few small rock specs afterwards because of the conditions.....And when you get to the end and tun off the runway, it was like hitting a curb!...Took forever to get back up to the start because of the horrible taxi runways....

Still fun, and the car started right up at the end....drove to pick up my son and went home with no issues or smoke ... tiny bugs at 160 MPH, make pancake size spots....

DC

Old 09-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Here is a snapshot from my car on one of the runs....Part way down the track. Using an OBDII Bluetooth Dongle with Torque for Android and Track Recorder on my LG phone...

Pretty cool. I watched the videos and can confirm I have no boost leak..held strong for the full 1/2 mile...though it did not stay this high

Old 09-29-2015, 05:45 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by therock88
Thanks for posting. You must have gone Sunday only? I was the only Porsche on Saturday. Airstrip was pretty rough eh? My car was filthy afterwards....cleaned it for 4 hours Sunday I had fun though....once I figured out how to hit the gas at the right time My best trap was 163.4 mph. Lots of 159-161's. I was pretty happy with it! Only cars that wanted to run me all had 800-1000 HP ....Funny crowd on Saturday....seemed to want to stand by their cars more than race...so I got in over 25 runs ...My first event, and enjoyed it....997 TTs are amazing....I was hot lapping 5 in a row with no issues other than brakes fading a little....

DC
What is your power/mods to get the 163 trap?

My M3 dyno'd today in the 560's and my buddy and I bet an over/under of 161.7mph for this weekend's NoFlyZone Arizona.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
What is your power/mods to get the 163 trap?

My M3 dyno'd today in the 560's and my buddy and I bet an over/under of 161.7mph for this weekend's NoFlyZone Arizona.
Hi There...I am certainly not sure on HP, but will list the bigger mods etc. here for you. And 163, was my best trap. I had some 161's, 159's and my WORST was 154.??. I got in about 26 runs, so very fun...Was my first time, but would love to do it again. Mine is s Tiptronic BTW,

Mods: (Some may have nothing to do with the 1/2 mile )
Softronic 93 Tune (latest update and latest DME Firmware version FYI)
Sprint Boost Accelerator Module ( Just a signal amplifier for the gas pedal potentiometer)
Fabspeed MaxFlow 3 Exhaust
HJS 200 Cell Per Inch Cats Exhaust
RSS Semi-Solid 75A Durometer Racing Motor Mounts
Torque Solutions 75A Durometer Transmission Mount Inserts
Do88se Silicon Intake Ducts
997.2 GT2RS Intercoolers
Schnell Stainless Steel Headers
Eibach Anti-Sway Kit Rear Stabilizer Bar
Using Denso IK22 Iridium plugs gapped down to .021 and new Bosch Coils

Also was a nice cooler day, and after I got a low fuel light I switched from 93 Octane to Sunoco Turbo Blue 100 Octane Oxygenated Race fuel...may have helped a little...Those IC's were great...IAT's stayed very low and I hot lapped 5 in a row at one point. Only time they got a little hot was when I ran 4 hot laps, then let it sit for about 10 minutes and cranked up to go again.

Thanks for the tips too! I brought a bug sprayer and filled it with Ice and water and sprayed down the IC's periodically....

Have fun at he NFZ and good luck!

DC

Here is a short clip....Not Longboarder quality, but you get the idea

Last edited by therock88; 09-29-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Nice runs!

23-24psi on a pump 93 tune !! Wow seams like a lot of psi's for pump, unless they have timing way down on that tune!

Just thinking out loud, my tune doesn't even run that on E85!

22-23 psi on E85
18-19 psi on 94 pump

Either way your machine seamed like it was moving out!

Old 09-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Nice runs!

23-24psi on a pump 93 tune !! Wow seams like a lot of psi's for pump, unless they have timing way down on that tune!

Just thinking out loud, my tune doesn't even run that on E85!

22-23 psi on E85
18-19 psi on 94 pump

Either way your machine seamed like it was moving out!
Hi...Yeah Thanks. It seemed to run very well. I did get beat a few times, mainly because I did not want to cheat and was having problems timing the start at the cones Plus mostly only 800-1000 HP cars seemed to want to race....I was just having fun.

I am not sure on the timing relative to boost. Scott Slausen at Softronic seems to really know the cars, so I trust his tunes(have one on the Boxster S also).

Also, I was not using anything super sophisticated (obviously) on the video etc.. The external vids are from my wife's iPhone, and the internal ones are using the Torque app for Android and recording via my LG Android phone with a suction mount on my windshield....The other gauges seem to be accurate, so I assume the boost is also. Very cool app, you can add all sorts of gauges.

Anyway, car ran all day 26 runs + and then drove home with no issues, smoke, noises....can't say that for many of the other cars ...I had fun and got no tickets...haha

DC

Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Hi...Yeah Thanks. It seemed to run very well. I did get beat a few times, mainly because I did not want to cheat and was having problems timing the start at the cones Plus mostly only 800-1000 HP cars seemed to want to race....I was just having fun.

I am not sure on the timing relative to boost. Scott Slausen at Softronic seems to really know the cars, so I trust his tunes(have one on the Boxster S also).

Also, I was not using anything super sophisticated (obviously) on the video etc.. The external vids are from my wife's iPhone, and the internal ones are using the Torque app for Android and recording via my LG Android phone with a suction mount on my windshield....The other gauges seem to be accurate, so I assume the boost is also. Very cool app, you can add all sorts of gauges.

Anyway, car ran all day 26 runs + and then drove home with no issues, smoke, noises....can't say that for many of the other cars ...I had fun and got no tickets...haha

DC

That's one of the reason I also choose a 911, as they do ALOT with so little and reliably!!

I would love to see your 60-130 times with that no boost drop auto tranny and your mods!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:30 AM
AZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really nice
NFZ Arizona

HiGuys, I will be at Gila Bend, on Sunday, to run, but will likely drive down on Saturday after cars and coffee, to watch. Had run my 996TT last year, will run 997TT this year. I am full stock. Hopefully it cools off! 106 today!

Old 09-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AZ996TT
HiGuys, I will be at Gila Bend, on Sunday, to run, but will likely drive down on Saturday after cars and coffee, to watch. Had run my 996TT last year, will run 997TT this year. I am full stock. Hopefully it cools off! 106 today!
We will be there! Be sure to come say hi, we are bringing a bagged short bus(serious).

Old 09-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Somy has a spectacular aura aboutSomy has a spectacular aura about
I can't wait for Saturday If you see a blue 997 Turbo or a guy flying a DJI inspire come say hi!!

Old 09-30-2015, 02:54 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AZ996TT
Originally Posted by vividracing
We will be there! Be sure to come say hi, we are bringing a bagged short bus(serious).
Originally Posted by Somy
I can't wait for Saturday If you see a blue 997 Turbo or a guy flying a DJI inspire come say hi!!
Gents, I'll be there both days in my white M3 (see pic). Lets do some friendly runs and I'll get everything on vid

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	M3photoshoot2.1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	891.2 KB
ID:	429444  
Old 09-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Mods: (Some may have nothing to do with the 1/2 mile )
Softronic 93 Tune (latest update and latest DME Firmware version FYI)
Sprint Boost Accelerator Module ( Just a signal amplifier for the gas pedal potentiometer)
Fabspeed MaxFlow 3 Exhaust
HJS 200 Cell Per Inch Cats Exhaust
RSS Semi-Solid 75A Durometer Racing Motor Mounts
Torque Solutions 75A Durometer Transmission Mount Inserts
Do88se Silicon Intake Ducts
997.2 GT2RS Intercoolers
Schnell Stainless Steel Headers
Eibach Anti-Sway Kit Rear Stabilizer Bar
Using Denso IK22 Iridium plugs gapped down to .021 and new Bosch Coils

Also was a nice cooler day, and after I got a low fuel light I switched from 93 Octane to Sunoco Turbo Blue 100 Octane Oxygenated Race fuel...may have helped a little...Those IC's were great...IAT's stayed very low and I hot lapped 5 in a row at one point. Only time they got a little hot was when I ran 4 hot laps, then let it sit for about 10 minutes and cranked up to go again.
Cool thanks ok so basically you have a 997.1 Tip with stock turbos, tune, exhaust and intercoolers? 163 traps are awesome for that mod combination, congrats. My guess is that's what like 520-530 wheel HP?

It will probably be over 100 degrees at Gila Bend this weekend so I'm not counting on seeing those traps even though my M3 likely makes more power in a relatively cool sea level situation. But at 100+ I'm guessing high IATs will kill power.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just a few video's from No Fly Zone Midwest