997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche car cover question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 03:36 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Smile Porsche car cover question (conclusion)

Several years ago I splurged and bought the expensive Porsche car cover for my 2007 Turbo. I'm fairly certain I was shipped the correct one. It was an extremely tight fit ... to the point the zipper would hardly zip. Then it finally ripped. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it worth another shot ... maybe I got the non-turbo one by accident?

I really would prefer just a very nice cloth one that draped the car, without the elastic on the bottom. I'm open to any suggestions on what you guys are using. This is for indoors.

Thanks

Last edited by ThunderRolls; 10-21-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:00 PM
AZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really nice
well, seeing as we have the same car, I had to go put my cover on and take a picture. Seems pretty good fit.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:14 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
Several years ago I splurged and bought the expensive Porsche car cover for my 2007 Turbo. I'm fairly certain I was shipped the correct one. It was an extremely tight fit ... to the point the zipper would hardly zip. Then it finally ripped. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it worth another shot ... maybe I got the non-turbo one by accident?

I really would prefer just a very nice cloth one that draped the car, without the elastic on the bottom. I'm open to any suggestions on what you guys are using. This is for indoors.

Thanks
I had this one - it was a snug fit...and there was no zipper so not sure which cover you had??

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/ICC997TT.html

Old 10-06-2015, 08:15 PM
AZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really niceAZ996TT is just really nice
I just looked it up and this is what I found.
http://www.carid.com/covercraft/weat...-c16205pg.html

Says it is fit for "wing". $287

Old 10-06-2015, 09:25 PM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
I think I have the same one, which is the factory outdoor cover. The link above is for the indoor cover. Yep it fits very snugly. I've only used it a few times but clearly patience and care is necessary.

I wonder if the indoor cover is a bit looser, since I think the outdoor one fits so snugly and has all the extra stuff as weather and theft countermeasures. It has cinch cords/cordlocks, a zipper and suction cups for the windshield.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:55 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
That's probably what I got ... the outdoor cover. Thanks guys! I will try it again or one of the others you suggested.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I had this one - it was a snug fit...and there was no zipper so not sure which cover you had??

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/ICC997TT.html
I guess I did have the outdoor cover with the zipper in the rear.

The indoor one you linked also says "Not compatible with the Aerokit (the GT2 RS indoor cover would be the closest fit)." Maybe I should try that one?

Old 10-06-2015, 11:57 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
GT2RS cover fits for OEM Aerokit cars

I have an OEM Aerokit on my 997.2 Turbo and bought the Porsche Tequipment indoor cover for the GT2RS from Suncoast...perfect fit, snug but not too tight. Easy on/off

Old 10-07-2015, 05:45 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
I guess I did have the outdoor cover with the zipper in the rear.

The indoor one you linked also says "Not compatible with the Aerokit (the GT2 RS indoor cover would be the closest fit)." Maybe I should try that one?
The cover I linked is compatible with the TT and its OEM spoiler...just not with the TT with an aerokit spoiler.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:19 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
I had the factory indoor cover for my C4S, and it was the same as for the NB models. It was predictably tight, and after a couple of years started to come apart at the seams. I did what any reasonable guy would have done. I got rid of the black car and bought a white one. It came with a factory cover also, but I’ve never used it.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:01 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
I have the factory indoor cover its a snug"Kardasian" fit with soft felt inside. Fits like a glove....no zippers

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	430519  
Old 10-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
voila...just checked out the factory outdoor cover that came with my car. It too is coming apart at the zipper. I think I will look for a soft/indoor version.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:38 AM
Concluded!!

Ok guys! Thanks so much for the input and feedback. I ordered the indoor RS cover from Suncoast, and it is perfect. Fits like a glove, but not a struggle, and made of a very nice soft material unlike the outdoor cover which I obviously had. This is what it should have been like the first go.

Name:  IMG_0064.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  274.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0065.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  311.9 KB

Old 10-21-2015, 11:41 PM
Done

Old 10-22-2015, 01:39 AM
samphirecw will become famous soon enough
I had to go put my cover on and take a picture.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche car cover question