997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Question and your personal reviews about remote tuning..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Question and your personal reviews about remote tuning..

I ve enjoyed the cobb tune for some time and just like everyone else I'm looking for more power...what are your opinions on remote vs dyno tuning and how have some of your experiences happened ...I'm looking to try remote tuning just don't much about it..

Old 11-30-2015, 04:26 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
I ve enjoyed the cobb tune for some time and just like everyone else I'm looking for more power...what are your opinions on remote vs dyno tuning and how have some of your experiences happened ...I'm looking to try remote tuning just don't much about it..
Working with Mitch has been great, just find a good place or two for logging the car under wot. Huge improvements to be had over the ots maps.

PTF & Sam here och 6speed both offer remote e-tuning afaik

Old 11-30-2015, 05:50 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Custom remote tuning is very convenient especially if you don't have any local tuners near you.

By custom I mean you keep sending data logs over to your tuner until you both are satisfied with the final outcome and drive-ability. I personally use a Vbox for reference to ensure the revised tunes are improved.

The only biggest downside I personally faced with remote tuning is troubleshooting when a problem occurs, having a non local tuner and trying to fix an issue (Remotely) can be expensive, time consuming and frustrating.

The biggest upside is the ability to get the most real performance out of your specific car and not just an OTS tune.

I agree with Xbox data logging is crucial with remote tuning.

Just my opinion , Goodluck!

Old 12-03-2015, 02:16 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
ehhh... wouldn't it be easier to just spend an afternoon over at undercover?

I mean I get it that some people have no local tuners, but if you have undercover 2 hours away...

Old 12-03-2015, 04:07 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Best bet is to do the remote tune and when things are fairly well fine-tuned then finish off with a dynotune. That's what I did. Funny how it shows some things that remote tuning doesn't (long story - but for example turning up the boost higher and higher may not necessarily have a corresponding increase in hp/tq). You don't want to start from scratch on the dyno because it is expensive and time based. The pbox is a good additional tool for evaluating different files as it is obviously way more accurate than the butt dyno.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
+1 for Undercover. Garth will definitely give you a quality map that makes power on the dyno, and then clean up the drivability on the street. Also helps that if the logs start doing something funny as you're tuning, you have someone there who can diagnose the headache.

Remote tunes are great, especially if there isn't a qualified tuner in your area, but I'd recommend that you get the car on a dyno at some point because there can be lots of variables with sending WOT logs back & forth.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:04 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Best bet is to do the remote tune and when things are fairly well fine-tuned then finish off with a dynotune. That's what I did. Funny how it shows some things that remote tuning doesn't (long story - but for example turning up the boost higher and higher may not necessarily have a corresponding increase in hp/tq). You don't want to start from scratch on the dyno because it is expensive and time based. The pbox is a good additional tool for evaluating different files as it is obviously way more accurate than the butt dyno.
unless you are getting some kind of (slightly bizarre) package deal from a single vendor, I see no sense in this. Tuners have different approaches to things, different, and incompatible, ways of modding DME's.

No reputable tuner will take another tuners tune, tidy up the AF on the dyno, and send you on your way for significantly less money than having them do the whole thing. If you are working all with the same vendor, why trouble yourself with the remote tune in the first place, if you are going to the shop and getting strapped to the dyno anyway?

Old 12-04-2015, 06:56 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Remote tuning and dyno tuning can be the same thing. My car was "remotely tuned" on a dyno. The dyno is by far the safest way to tune your car, remotely or not. You can monitor the car closely while not driving 150 MPH on the street. My advice is to find the tuner you want to tune your car, then decide if you can get your car to them. If not, then remote tuning is your only option. As far as the Cobb, it's pretty tough to beat Dzenno, I think he's proven to do a great job on dozens of cars on this forum. It will be "more" difficult to dyno tune a Cobb than a stand alone as the log would have to be saved to the Cobb AP and uploaded to Dzenno between each run, modified and sent back. It would take a little more time than normal, but would be the best option.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Pretty much every post here is on point IMO! Some great options and the dyno is great to verify and get he last % out. With Cobb you have some great tuners and support all over the map!

Old 12-04-2015, 02:46 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TimeTomorrow
unless you are getting some kind of (slightly bizarre) package deal from a single vendor, I see no sense in this. Tuners have different approaches to things, different, and incompatible, ways of modding DME's.

No reputable tuner will take another tuners tune, tidy up the AF on the dyno, and send you on your way for significantly less money than having them do the whole thing. If you are working all with the same vendor, why trouble yourself with the remote tune in the first place, if you are going to the shop and getting strapped to the dyno anyway?
I should have mentioned it was with the same tuner - Dzenno.

Remote tune back and forth gets you in the ballpark and the dyno tune is the finishing touch.