997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2TT Cobb Maps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Jasoneo5 will become famous soon enough
997.2TT Cobb Maps

Gents,

Looking for a map optimized for a 997.2TT with Catless Exhaust, hopefully with a CEL Delete incorporated. I've e-mail Mitch and it appears they no longer provide custom maps.

From what I've seen on this forum in multiple threads, the "out of box" Stage 2 Tunes in the AP are very conservative and really optimized for high flow cats. Whenever folks have gone to Cobb to get Custom tunes, a lot of times they walk away with 2x the WHP increase when compared with the default tune in the AP.

Are we able to share Maps? If so, is anybody able to share a custom tune for my setup that might be a bit more aggressive than the pre-loaded tune on the AP?

Thanks

Old 08-17-2016, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi Jason. If I may I wanted step in and help you out here. Cobb has been leaning on the Pro Tuner network to help customers dial in their cars custom with the best care and attention. It's a really cool system they have created and I am proud to be a part of it. At the same time I will say that anyone who tells you you can get double Gaines is pushing that concept. What happens is you can dial the car in to specific hardware and or fueling/environment. 10 sometimes 20% if you get a little aggressive. Some cars we have to turn down. Just to give you a better perspective of the situation. As far as Map sharing there are several computer identifications. If you were able to find somebody with the same identification as you and even similar upgrades it would probably not be optimal in your car still if customization is your concern. If they would even share it that is considering they probably paid a tuner for it.

If all you need is a minor adjustment and a track map for your exhaust system I would be glad to help out and make your experience better. Or perhaps show you what you would gain with some special attention. If anyone quotes you double games beware.

Best,
Sam

Old 08-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Thanks for chiming in! PM'd you

Old 08-17-2016, 10:23 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Sharing a map? You're saying you want a custom tune for free, i.e stealing from a reputable tuner? WTF?

It's so cheap. Just buy one. Sam has done a lot and he gets fantastic reviews. I'd go with him. Me personally I have a tune from Dzenno at PTF, and the map is just dead on. Way better than the OTS map with less knock.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:36 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by changster
sharing a map? You're saying you want a custom tune for free, i.e stealing from a reputable tuner? Wtf?

It's so cheap. Just buy one. Sam has done a lot and he gets fantastic reviews. I'd go with him. Me personally i have a tune from dzenno at ptf, and the map is just dead on. Way better than the ots map with less knock.
this!

Old 08-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Easy there! You guys are funny, just trying to figure out how things work. Noticed that there was a plethora of maps on Cobb's site but couldn't tell what they were by description so was unsure about how the model works. NOT trying to steal from anybody!!

Working with Sam on a tune and some other stuff once I get my exhaust on!

Old 08-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers everyone. We has a nice chat on pm. If you don'gt know it can be confusing especially if you are new to it.