997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best daily driver coilover set?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:35 AM
Mikkofin is on a distinguished road
Best daily driver coilover set?

I have a 2007 Turbo and it has now got a KW Clubsport suspension installed from around 2010 or so.
The car was more used for weekend fun and track days earlier but now more daily driven thus the need for change.

What setup would you recommend, preferably from own experience, to replace the KW Clubsport setup with?
Its just too stiff for the bumps and uneven road surfaces over here.

Have been eyeballing at the Öhlins setup mostly but also other options.

Thanks guys for your input in advance!

Old 02-21-2017, 04:46 AM
trbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud oftrbofvr has much to be proud of
Just do OEM

Old 02-21-2017, 04:54 AM
Mikkofin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by trbofvr
Just do OEM
This is one option I have considered. OE setup with just lowering springs and reactivate PASM.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:36 AM
bondjockey is on a distinguished road
And add a DSC box.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:18 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Ohlins R&T or stock PASM with the TPC box...

Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
If i had to guess, Stock Pasm with stock springs would be a better ride.

I have H&R springs with stock PASM. Ride is certainly jittery and active with sport mode on but not necessarily better with it off.

My 997 has set me up with a sensitive feel i guess. My 12' turbo Cayenne feels the same in all modes. Transmission shift points and lift height only change to what i feel.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM
Former Vendor
TPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant futureTPC Racing has a brilliant future
FWIW,

stock PASM isn't the only option if you want to retain active suspension with DSC.

DSC is compatible with any of the Bilstein Damptronic products (and stock PASM, which is made by Bilstein), as well as our signature Tractive coilovers.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:14 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Öhlins is fantastic. I have the Road & Track but it's single adjustible (rebound) and not very comfortable but it got rid of that annoying floaty characteristic in the front associated with these cars. I don't like my stock suspension 991 because of that.

For more comfort you could go with the Öhlins multi adjustable coils that allow for dampening as well. With Öhlins, a good alignment and proper tires and brake pads, your car could be very fast at a track. But it's a lot of $$$ if you don't track.

I've heard ok things about the Bilsteins. Not as track focused as Öhlins but you can get proper spring rate and valving and set your ride height the way you want.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:48 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikkofin
I have a 2007 Turbo and it has now got a KW Clubsport suspension installed from around 2010 or so.
The car was more used for weekend fun and track days earlier but now more daily driven thus the need for change.

What setup would you recommend, preferably from own experience, to replace the KW Clubsport setup with?
Its just too stiff for the bumps and uneven road surfaces over here.

Have been eyeballing at the Öhlins setup mostly but also other options.

Thanks guys for your input in advance!
I have Bilstein Damptronic for many years now and love it - see link in signature. Designed by same company that makes the OEM shock for mainly street use. It is also the only after market solution that retains PASM.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cannga
I have Bilstein Damptronic for many years now and love it - see link in signature. Designed by same company that makes the OEM shock for mainly street use. It is also the only after market solution that retains PASM.
I have Bilstein Damptronic also. I like them a lot.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:07 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Bilstein B16 Damptronics as well, not really stiff enough for my week end fast use imho but perfect for a DD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.