997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Griot's Garage products--quality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM
2geeze is on a distinguished road
Griot's Garage products--quality?

I keep getting the Griot's Garage catalogs in the mail and haven't bought anything from them. Their large wash bucket and one of the portable carts look tempting, though, and I thought I might try out some of their wash/polish products. Does anyone have any experience with their cleaning products? Are they reasonably high quality?

Brad

Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Brad they make some great stuff. I have been using there stuff for a long time like:

Interior Cleaner
Speed Shine
Leather Conditioner
Car Wash Gel
Clay Products
Plastic Polish

The Speed Shine is the best i have ever used, it is absolutely the best stuff for in between washes, As far as the other stuff, I've tried it and wasn't that thrilled. For Waxes and Polishes I use Zylmol Products. Btw I use there rolling seats and the bucket, great products!!!

Joe

Old 02-24-2012, 07:59 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I like a lot of the Griots stuff. I buy the car wash, speed shine, and a few other product in the gallon jugs. I usually wait until they offer free shipping and X% off before I buy.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Good stuff all around. There are some better things out there for specific tasks but you can't go wrong w/ their products. FWIW, you can find some limited assortments of theirs in Advance Auto stores and use the coupon on them too

Old 02-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Rotor is on a distinguished road
I've been happy with every product I've purchased from them.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:11 PM
GOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the rough
Been using their products for a few years. Bought the kit with 2 orbital polishers and an assortment of products last year. The polishers have been great!!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I've got both 6" & 3" polishers and a good deal of their products. Top-notch quality, plus their guarantee puts them head and shoulders over the competition.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:32 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Griots is top shelf.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:28 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
We sell it, and I use several of the products myself. I detail cars on the side and have used a lot of what is out there. I think their polisher is top notch. I have used a rotary and a Cyclo as comparison. I still rely on my rotary once in awhile, but have sold the Cyclo as I no longer need it. The Griot's polisher does the job. I do find that you can find more aggressive pads and polishes out there. Their stuff is conservative, but that's the way they like it. As long as that is the expectation going in, for the money it's hard product to beat. They give you a lot for your money and it does do a good job. I love the undercarriage spray. I live in the salt belt, and after 7 winters there is hardly any rust under my truck because I use it. The leather care is very good as well. By the way, it makes shoes look good as new with one wipe!

Overall a very solid product and I'm glad we carry it.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
SToronto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JPSJR
Brad they make some great stuff. I have been using there stuff for a long time like:

Interior Cleaner
Speed Shine
Leather Conditioner
Car Wash Gel
Clay Products
Plastic Polish

The Speed Shine is the best i have ever used, it is absolutely the best stuff for in between washes, As far as the other stuff, I've tried it and wasn't that thrilled. For Waxes and Polishes I use Zylmol Products. Btw I use there rolling seats and the bucket, great products!!!

Joe
What do you think about the leather products?

Old 02-24-2012, 03:04 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
We sell it, and I use several of the products myself. I detail cars on the side and have used a lot of what is out there. I think their polisher is top notch. I have used a rotary and a Cyclo as comparison. I still rely on my rotary once in awhile, but have sold the Cyclo as I no longer need it. The Griot's polisher does the job. I do find that you can find more aggressive pads and polishes out there. Their stuff is conservative, but that's the way they like it. As long as that is the expectation going in, for the money it's hard product to beat. They give you a lot for your money and it does do a good job. I love the undercarriage spray. I live in the salt belt, and after 7 winters there is hardly any rust under my truck because I use it. The leather care is very good as well. By the way, it makes shoes look good as new with one wipe!

Overall a very solid product and I'm glad we carry it.
Add to that:

Glass Cleaner
Engine cleaner - great for undercarriage and wheel wells too
Spray-On Wax - as a last step before drying

For leather, especially Porsche leather (std coated leather and natural leather) I much prefer Sonus Leather Conditioner. The Griots leather conditioner does indeed clean/refresh leather shoes very well.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:55 PM
gellie can only hope to improve
I use Groits products as well. However I find Adams speed shine supior to Groits.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by gellie
I use Groits products as well. However I find Adams speed shine supior to Groits.
If you are referring to Adam's Detail Spray, it appears to be the same as Meguiars Final Inspection - same pink color. I prefer Griot's Speed Shine - slicker, easier to apply.

Last edited by adias; 02-24-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
VUCommodores has a little shameless behaviour in the past
How do the GG products compare to zaino? That's what I've been using but am open to trying something different.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:42 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by SToronto
What do you think about the leather products?
I like it a lot, I only use the leather care spray every three weeks as needed. In between I use the interior cleaner which leaves everything really clean and doesn't leave a greasy feel on the seats, top shelf stuff!

Joe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Griot's Garage products--quality?