997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Recommendations for paint detailer in SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:46 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Recommendations for paint detailer in SF Bay Area?

Need to get my paint shiny and new. Anyone know a good paint correction detailer in the SF Bay Area that won't polish off all my clear coat? I know Auto Concierge (Bob) is excellent, but he's booked out for over a month.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:34 AM
the997dude is on a distinguished road
I've heard auto concierge is good. There's also another place in the Bay Area that is pretty good although I can't think of the name. I'll have to search through some emails. I think they even do paint correction (get the swirl marks out)

Anyway, I've been using these mobile detail guys recently, that were recommended to me on another forum (one of my other cars) and they do an awesome job and they come to you. For the 911, it was about $250 total and it was 3 guys working for 6 hours. I'll dig through some emails and try to find their contact info, if you want. Just let me know.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:52 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
250 dollars, 3 guys for 6 hours? that's 18 man hours or $13.xx/hour? Is this correct? Do they call their business a non profit by chance?

Old 12-18-2014, 08:02 PM
the997dude is on a distinguished road
Aaaaaaand they come to you and use their own supplies. They did a stellar job on my shelby cobra (which has a lot of chrome )

Old 12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I just had Ryan Woodlee at Magic Detailings detail my black aston. Do a google search to get to his site and check out his detail packages.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Magic Detailing looks legit. What kind of treatments did you have done?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:04 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I had the paint correction detail done (exterior only). He did a great job and removed all swirls from my black car!

Here are some recent pics, fresh from the car detail: Polished and Sealed!

Ryan knows the paint types well, and is very careful. I recommend him.

What condition is your car paint in and what goal are you aiming for with the detail?

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Magic Detailing looks legit. What kind of treatments did you have done?

Last edited by spyder997s; 12-19-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:17 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
Wait for Bob. Weather in the Bay Area is bad right now anyways so waiting a month isn't a bad thing. His work is worth the wait

Old 02-25-2016, 03:43 AM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
Read my review of Bob @ Auto Concierge before making your decision. http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-concier...nhae--5eZ2DxBw

Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 PM
As a follow up...
I ended up taking my car to Bob 6 months ago. The work was meticulous. The paint on my car sparkles like diamonds in the sky. It has never looked this good, not even when I drove it off the dealership for the first time. I had a Gtechniq coat applied, and it's still going strong. Still hydrophobic and easy to clean. Bob was definitely not cheap, but it was worth every penny.

Allen, I read your Yelp review. I'm sorry to hear about the miscommunication, particularly the delays in responses. I'm surprised, because he was very responsive by email with me.

Something you should know - Bob works his a$$ off. At the time, he was booked out solid, and even worked Saturdays and Sundays to cover his backlog. Some of this jobs can take multiple days, and he spaces out the appointments appropriately. If you cancel on him at the last minute, and he can't fill, he takes a loss. And it's an appointment that could have gone to someone else. I think I waited a month and a half.