Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Lola DBR1-2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Lola DBR1-2

We have the Petit Le Mans road race at Road Atlanta this weekend. Last night, the Aston dealership had a pre-race party for Aston owners at which you could see (and hear!) the Lola/Aston Martin DBR1-2 and meet the entire Aston Martin team, who won a couple of weeks back at Laguna Seca. It was a great event, and everyone on the team was extremely friendly and accessible. For instance, my girlfriend and I talked to one of the techs and driver, Harold Primat, for the better part of an hour. I learned quite a bit about racing and the car, which is built around the road-going Aston V12 engine (which of course is modified for racing). In addition to chatting with us, the team also gave everyone a pit demonstration, which I'll post of video of later. Best of luck to the team this Saturday!

Attached Images      

Last edited by Racer_X; 09-28-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Here are two vids of the pit stop demonstrations. This car absolutely screams! I think they did 10.2 seconds in the second vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIp8L..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1d0_..._order&list=UL

Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 AM
A couple of further pics of the insides of the cars . . .

Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Thanks for posting those event photos/videos!
I only wish I could get my car serviced as fast...

Old 09-28-2011, 08:23 AM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
That's nice! I bet you feel prouder owning your V12 Vantage.

Last edited by RPVantage; 09-28-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Electron Mike is on a distinguished road
Sounds great doesn't it. The car was a force at Laguna Seca, I enjoyed the V12 wail as it flew by many times.

Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Thanks for coming last night Dave. The car was amazing. Great pictures. Here are a few of mine - http://edbolian.com/?p=1096

Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by RPVantage
That's nice! I bet you feel prouder owning your V12 Vantage.
Actually, what I'm most proud of is Aston's racing heritage and its commitment to racing today. I think Aston is still the only company to have a car in each GT category.

Originally Posted by MrEdS4
Thanks for coming last night Dave. The car was amazing. Great pictures. Here are a few of mine - http://edbolian.com/?p=1096
Cool pics Ed! Thanks for posting. And thanks again to you guys for hosting a top notch event.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 AM
lhanddds will become famous soon enough
Very cool videos, thanks Dave.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
You bet Larry. It was cool to have such access and see these guys do their thing up close.