Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2002 Porsche 911 Turbo K24 X73 Seal Gray 50k mi 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Law Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of light
2002 Porsche 911 Turbo K24 X73 Seal Gray 50k mi 996

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $43800
Mileage: 50100
Color: Seal Gray
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AZ
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

** UPFRONT DISCLAIMER **
I own a car dealership, and this car is being sold under my dealership. However, this was my personal car for the last year. I've been a 6 Speed member since 2009. I'd love to sell this car to a 6 Speed member, so I'm hopeful that the mods will let this post go through

I'm selling this car because I just bought a modded GTR and want to give it a shot. Long ago, I had a modded Supra and MR2 and vowed that I would never simultaneously own two tuner cars again! So, here goes the Porsche..

This car was traded into us a year ago. The person I bought it from bought it from another dealer, so we are at least twice removed from the build. This is the mod list as I believe it to be, but some things I cannot obviously verify (like a GT2 clutch).

It just passed Arizona emissions.

• Protomotive Tuned
• Durametrics Cable
• K24/18 Turbos
• AMS Wastegates
• Upgraded Intercoolers
• Europipe Exhaust
• High Flow Cats
• Sway Bars (I'm told GT3)
• Drop Links
• X73 Suspension
• 60lb injectors
• GT2 Clutch
• Lightened Flywheel
• AP Y-pipe
• EVOMS Intake
• Upgraded Diverters
• Forgestar Wheels
• Brand new (100 miles) Tires
• GReddy Profec B Boost Controller
• Upgraded Fan
• Aluminum Turbo Door Sils
• Carbon Fiber Shift **** / eBrake
• Upgraded 5 Bar MAP Sensor

• Made 530WHP on a Mustang Dyno @ 1.2 bar two days ago

My dealership sells vehicles online, sight unseen. We have 100+ dSLR pictures, including full undercarriage and brake pictures. And we have a 14 minute HD test drive, complete with a boosted run and attempts to make second gear pop out (it doesn't!). We also have an online negotiation system that normally takes 5 minutes to complete. Rather than write a 50 page 6 Speed ad with that info, I'd like to just link you to the site. (I didn't see anything in the rules against that, but if it's an issue, please let me know)

http://www.wheelkinetics.com/sales/1...rsche_911.html

I love this car and am sad to see it go. I hope we can find the right, new home with a 6Speed Member!

Last edited by Law Jolla; 07-12-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Law Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of light
A lot of great activity, but no money yet. Any questions or comments, please let me know.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:21 PM
Price drop! Please ask any questions.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:23 AM
Please feel free to ask any question in the thread.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Previous buyer couldn't come up with the money, so it's back with a new low price! This is the cheapest 50k mile K24 car I can find (especially with black interior).

People have asked us about the shocks. We are willing to do the labor free, you supply the shocks or coil overs. (We believe the price already reflects worn shocks -- and the other 996s you're considering probably don't have brand new ones).

Thanks!

Old 06-28-2016, 11:01 AM
New price, ready to roll!

Old 07-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I got a lot of feedback on the shocks, so we went to replace them... to find out it was an incorrect diagnosis (assumption, really). The creaking suspension wasn't from the shocks but the control arm bushings.

Both control arms are new (bushings, arm, and ball joint). Shocks are fine. No noise. No issues. Ready to roll!

Old 07-14-2016, 12:10 PM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Good looking car. Does this have maintenance records?

Old 07-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by tuner1984
Good looking car. Does this have maintenance records?
Thanks!

We do, but no where near complete. We are the second or third owner after the build. (That's why I've gone through such great lengths to show how it runs, complete with a dyno video and driving video)

Here's what we have

http://www.wheelkinetics.com/sold/11...ce_records.pdf

Plus what we've done: Engine oil, transaxle, diff, accumulator, clutch slave, pressure tank (from a bad diagnosis), and control arms.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:32 PM
It's tempting due to the price. I just don't know if I can buy a car sight unseen.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:35 PM
It's priced lower than any K24 black interior that I can find because we don't have its history (and we're overly honest). Most other cars have full docs.

What would you learn about it in person that you don't already know from the ad?

Old 07-14-2016, 12:39 PM
I am not saying that the ad isn't 100 percent correct, but if you were buying a car from me that's like me saying the car is in great shape, all fluids have been changed, may need brake pads soon, and you agree and then the car gets to know and theirs a CEL for something.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by tuner1984
I am not saying that the ad isn't 100 percent correct, but if you were buying a car from me that's like me saying the car is in great shape, all fluids have been changed, may need brake pads soon, and you agree and then the car gets to know and theirs a CEL for something.
If you grant me that I'm not a scum bag trying to trick you, how's your hypothetical any different from buying the car in person and driving 2 miles away with a CEL light?

That's just the risk of a used car. The only way out is to pay $180,000 for a new one.

Once you look at the logic behind buying a car sight unseen and strip away the preconceptions, it makes a lot more sense.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:21 AM
BOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to behold
I bought a Lexus from Beepi sight unseen with less detail than this ad. It really is the next level in car buying.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by BOOSTD
I bought a Lexus from Beepi sight unseen with less detail than this ad. It really is the next level in car buying.
I'm redesigning my dealer platform for the next generation of online sales. I've taken a look at Beepi, Vroom, Carvana, and Texas Direct.

If you have a few seconds free, I'd love to hear your Beepi buying experience through PM.