Location (State):

Item Condition:

Please be careful with Ebay's Second Chance Offering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:25 AM
tomf-1 is on a distinguished road
Please be careful with Ebay's Second Chance Offering

My phone has been ringing off the hook this morning with people calling to inquire about the Second Chance Offer of my Porsche on Ebay at thousands below my reserve and the bid value when auction expired.

This is a SCAM since I have NOT made such ridiculous offer. This is becoming a real problem with Ebay and I don't what they are going to do to retify this growing problem. As much as I hate to do it but I might resort to relisting my car w/ private listing

Old 09-21-2006, 03:15 PM
CLk430 has a spectacular aura aboutCLk430 has a spectacular aura about
same thing happend to my car that i put on ebay. But the thing is one of the bidders called me and told me this and is now buying the car for 1k under what i was asking.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:35 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
I to have been contacted by the scammers. I've forwarded as much info to Ebay as possible.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:22 PM
AaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the rough
I just got a second chance offer on a watch I was bidding on. It looked very legit but if it isn't in your messages on MyEbay it is a fake. I reported it to Ebay. I hope they come up with better safeguards. Ebay is becoming riddled with scammers.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:15 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
yes, it starts getting suspicious when every item i lose to bidding gets a second chance offer 1 day after the auction ends (cause the buyer couldn't pay)

Old 09-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
*******s are doing this alot lately

Old 09-22-2006, 02:09 PM
santicua is on a distinguished road
Yea, almost every auction I dont win, I get a second chance offer. Definitely suspicious and i just report to ebay

Old 09-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AaronK
Ebay is becoming riddled with scammers.
Becoming ???? eBay is a perti dish for the scum of the world.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
I've got scam second choice offers from multiple people on bikes I've bid on before. Shady. Make sure you check your messages when logged into your ebay account to see if it's legit, also forward the email to spoof@email.com

Old 09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
As a buyer it is somewhat easy to figure out if the 2nd chance offer is a scam. The legit 2nd chance offers include a link to an actual 2nd chance offer auction that you have to bid on. The fake 2nd chance offers tell you to e-mail to complete the sale.

-- Michael

Old 09-25-2006, 07:55 PM
luckyluke will become famous soon enoughluckyluke will become famous soon enough
I was scammed over a year ago with a second chance offer. They need to stop second chance offers completely.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I've received three fake and two real 2nd chance offers. It's annoying.