Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Giac sells the best ecu upgrade! *imo*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Giac sells the best ecu upgrade! *imo*

So the question was asked and after a bit of research I decided to go forward with a fully loaded suite of GIAC flash tune files. This includes stock style tune, Pump gas tune, Race tune, an immobilizer and lastly valet tune which severely restricts power. GIAC is a powerhouse in flash tuning. These guys can write custom code should the need arise for bigger turbos, personalized tuning, etc.) As far as I know, they are the only company to offer switchable tuning via OBDII and there's a free app for that!

Had the car tuned over at AU Tuning in Huntington Beach. Let me first say, both owners Roz and Dave are amazing in their overall knowledge and pride in what they do. They've answered all of my questions and kept me informed all along the way.

So..... after the tune was flashed we took her for a test run (Which I will go into in a sec). Following some spirited driving noticed the unmistakable smell of hard braking. This is something I'd never experienced before even while hard braking. Roz of AU Tuning immediately offered insight, the traction control was going bananas trying to manage the increased HP and loss of traction at the wheels by applying braking force. I've had 99 problems but this wasn't one.

Took her back out, switched off traction - whoa! The power torque and acceleration of a vehicle so massive was both shocking and scary. Is this really my car? From a flat start the pull is insane! Feels like 2-3 times as hard as pre tune. 70 to 90 pulls like 30 to 50 before. Seems to idle smoother and the ability of GIAC to maximize the powerband of the W12 seems to leave nothing on the table. She has tons of torque! The powerband is strong and full throughout the entire RPM range. Drove her over the weekend and remember thinking, can't believe I was missing this the entire time I've had her. She is different in a way that is more than I thought she would ever become. This was without having to pull the motor, wait for parts, down time in the shop, tens of thousands of dollars, etc. etc. etc.

For anyone even remotely considering unlocking the potential of a 5K pound TT supercar, the price of the tune is a relative bargain and cannot be matched by any other performance mod- period!

Ive Decided to delete the cats and have exhaust parts on order. The race tune is on deck for any day I feel the need to play with 100 octane race fuel.

Considering this huge grin, I cant ever imagine pulling up the switching app on my phone to select the tune icon that says RACE!

Old 08-15-2013, 12:23 AM
dtbh will become famous soon enough
Wow, thanks for sharing! I think you may have given me the push I was waiting for. Can't wait to go home (overseas at the moment) to pull the trigger.

Btw did you try the S-mode with the tune? I just wonder how the car will behave with this mode after the GIAC tune.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 PM
smgco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dtbh
Wow, thanks for sharing! I think you may have given me the push I was waiting for. Can't wait to go home (overseas at the moment) to pull the trigger.

Btw did you try the S-mode with the tune? I just wonder how the car will behave with this mode after the GIAC tune.
Yes, great question.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:33 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
S mode is not much different from my normal experience in manual mode. I like to paddle shift and always select the firmest suspension setting by habit. She now relishes any sort of hard acceleration. S mode seems a bit uncontrolled for me so I rarely use it. The tune provided normal S mode on serious steroids.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the update blackgtc.

Another question : you mentioned you switched off traction previously. Do you need to switch this off permanently or just for that occasion? I don't think I would like to have this off permanently. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the update blackgtc.

Another question : you mentioned you switched off traction previously. Do you need to switch this off permanently or just for that occasion? I don't think I would like to have this off permanently. Thanks.
I use traction control like a tool in the background working to limit wheel slip. Depending on your driving style and road conditions the system could prove helpful or unnecessary. In most drag race style launches traction control tends to inhibit max effort launching. Under these conditions of all out short bursts traction is less than optimum. For me traction control is engaged the other 95% of the time.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:50 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks and was wondering of TC had to always be turned off. It is a good 'safety net' of sorts, especially for some drivers not familiar with car control, during wet/snow/ice conditions, etc. Bad things can happen very fast for those drivers with too much power and not enough talent. Keep the shiny side up

Old 08-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by blackgtc
So the question was asked and after a bit of research I decided to go forward with a fully loaded suite of GIAC flash tune files. This includes stock style tune, Pump gas tune, Race tune, an immobilizer and lastly valet tune which severely restricts power. GIAC is a powerhouse in flash tuning. These guys can write custom code should the need arise for bigger turbos, personalized tuning, etc.) As far as I know, they are the only company to offer switchable tuning via OBDII and there's a free app for that!

Had the car tuned over at AU Tuning in Huntington Beach. Let me first say, both owners Roz and Dave are amazing in their overall knowledge and pride in what they do. They've answered all of my questions and kept me informed all along the way.

So..... after the tune was flashed we took her for a test run (Which I will go into in a sec). Following some spirited driving noticed the unmistakable smell of hard braking. This is something I'd never experienced before even while hard braking. Roz of AU Tuning immediately offered insight, the traction control was going bananas trying to manage the increased HP and loss of traction at the wheels by applying braking force. I've had 99 problems but this wasn't one.

Took her back out, switched off traction - whoa! The power torque and acceleration of a vehicle so massive was both shocking and scary. Is this really my car? From a flat start the pull is insane! Feels like 2-3 times as hard as pre tune. 70 to 90 pulls like 30 to 50 before. Seems to idle smoother and the ability of GIAC to maximize the powerband of the W12 seems to leave nothing on the table. She has tons of torque! The powerband is strong and full throughout the entire RPM range. Drove her over the weekend and remember thinking, can't believe I was missing this the entire time I've had her. She is different in a way that is more than I thought she would ever become. This was without having to pull the motor, wait for parts, down time in the shop, tens of thousands of dollars, etc. etc. etc.

For anyone even remotely considering unlocking the potential of a 5K pound TT supercar, the price of the tune is a relative bargain and cannot be matched by any other performance mod- period!

Ive Decided to delete the cats and have exhaust parts on order. The race tune is on deck for any day I feel the need to play with 100 octane race fuel.

Considering this huge grin, I cant ever imagine pulling up the switching app on my phone to select the tune icon that says RACE!
Blackgtc, Great details. Would please explain/describe the switchable tuning ? Are you simply referring switching the tune via the hand held tuner plugging into the OBDII port ? Or does this have the ability to switch tunes via a Bluetooth smartphone app ??

Old 08-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Thank you !!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Blackgtc, did the GIAC DTM come together with the GIAC Flashloader Handheld when you did the fully loaded tune during the group buy? Or did you have to purchase it separately?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Blackgtc, did the GIAC DTM come together with the GIAC Flashloader Handheld when you did the fully loaded tune during the group buy? Or did you have to purchase it separately?
Sold separately.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by blackgtc
Sold separately.
Thanks blackgtc.

I have yet to receive my handheld flashloader - my dealer did not have them in stock. He contacted me today to collect the new stock that arrived yesterday. I drove all the way to his workshop to find out that he was apparently sent the wrong models. Thomas@GIAC, please send him the right ones. The wait is killing me!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Thanks blackgtc.

I have yet to receive my handheld flashloader - my dealer did not have them in stock. He contacted me today to collect the new stock that arrived yesterday. I drove all the way to his workshop to find out that he was apparently sent the wrong models. Thomas@GIAC, please send him the right ones. The wait is killing me!
I'll make sure it's taken care of!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC
I'll make sure it's taken care of!
Thanks Thomas!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Giac sells the best ecu upgrade! *imo*