Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Parts / VW Phaeton / Audi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 06:10 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi enjoythemusic.

The Bentley pump was over £300 from Flying Spares in the UK.
Mine is used, although only 4 years old, and was £64 from Ebay Germany.

I noticed one on the Parts Geek website for the Audi, same pump and same part number, at 208 US Dollars. That's about £135 UK.
So, that's less than half of the Bentley price.

Definitely worth checking into parts interchangeability.

Regards. Les.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:34 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I have just been looking on Ebay UK and found the following Bentley parts are all marked VW and /or Audi logo's.
Air Con pump.
Air suspension pump.
ABS pump.
Oil pump.
TPM control unit.

There are bound to be lots more I'm sure.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:34 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, drastic price difference for the same part. I believe it was Toyota who lost in US Federal court over price structure for parts (same part for Toyota as it was for Lexus, with Lexus part being far higher in price for no reason other than marque box). Bentley should be aware of this before Federal court finds them, which after a very possible loss within the US judicial system could then spark a Class Action lawsuit with owners demanding refunds due to overcharges for parts cost. It would make for some seriously bad publicity, too, and greatly hurt Bentley, and perhaps parent company VW, as it pertains to their reputation. Journalists in another sector, such as myself, may feel we have a duty to inform automotive journalist friends about such things.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:15 AM
It does seem like money for nothing, that's for sure.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:36 PM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
Hello
i heard the front strut is the same as the pheaton right?
Regards

Old 09-06-2018, 01:54 PM
mikeydee is an unknown quantity at this point
Great thread, ExSF, thank you for the info.
I have 2007 Bentley CGT, needs a Vacuum Pump and Soon breaks and wheel bearing
I will start looking for compatible part numbers.
Thanks again

Old 11-09-2021, 02:45 PM
ryanharwood123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Since we have some great independant guys on this board, what common parts are the same for the Bentley as they are for Audi / VW. Am seeking what price differences there are for the exact same part. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here. Thanks.
I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get cheaper driveshafts for a 2005 continental gt
Or what other shafts would fit so I can look around. £700 each is a bit rich atm

Old 11-10-2021, 01:03 AM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryanharwood123
I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get cheaper driveshafts for a 2005 continental gt
Or what other shafts would fit so I can look around. £700 each is a bit rich atm
The part numbers for driveshafts commence with "3W0" which means that they're Bentley originated items, i.e. not out of the VW parts bin.

There are cheaper allegedly replacement items available in the US, made by RMT, on sale for around £200 plus tax and shipping.

However, in this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...w-cv-axle.html it was shown that the RMT items were, at that time, January 2019, of smaller diameter than the originals. Possibly because the RMT items were simply re-badged A8/Phaeton items, rather than being proper Bentley parts. Obviously the A8 and Phaeton deliver significantly less torque than the Bentley, hence they don't need such large driveshafts.

It's possible that the RMT parts have been redesigned since then, so you could ask them...

Old 11-10-2021, 12:51 PM
joc44 will become famous soon enoughjoc44 will become famous soon enough
Bentley gt rear discs are audi A8 front discs (been there done that)

Old 11-13-2021, 04:50 AM
Samhain is on a distinguished road
Oh man, you guys are using up all my Phaeton spares!