Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Help- Naim Audio - 2009 Flying Spur Seed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:02 AM
BentleyPMAC is on a distinguished road
Help- Naim Audio - 2009 Flying Spur Seed

Hi - I have just purchased a 2009 Flying Spur Speed. Love the car but the Naim audio seems a bit off. The subs don't penetrate into the car. They sound muffled. When the truck is open the sound is clear outside the car but it does not resinate clearly into the main cabin. Is there a port from the truck to the cabin that can be open & closed?!? Its frustrating to have such a great sound system and not have it function properly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:13 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Stevenrmusic is our sound guru.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:36 PM
BentleyPMAC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Stevenrmusic is our sound guru.
Thank you

Old 07-29-2015, 06:15 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, basically the stock Naim system is what it is and can understand that some music lovers may want a bit more bass bump. Have seen setups where guys get a custom subwoofer/enclosure in the trunk that feels through the rear seat center ski hole. That may be a solution to add more deep bass bump into the car's cabin. Hope this helps.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:56 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
So Steven without hearing his system you think its is design flaw or possible to be not operating as designed? It is possible the OP was just expecting to much. I get plenty of base out of my cars non Niam system and even feel the doors vibrating against my leg when FloRida is jamming "boots withda fur".

Old 07-29-2015, 10:03 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Define 'too much bass'. So yes, am GUESSING he wants lots of clean bump to push his music. As much as the bass here in the bedroom and bathroom were fine for me, my wife wanted me to add subwoofer. So yeah, have powered subs in the bedroom and bathroom. Bass can be very personal and since I was a pro installer and IASCA judge years ago, have seen and heard a gambit of systems. While the stock system may be good for some, others might want more bass. This is normal nowadays for some and why there is a plethora of subwoofer add-ons in the market.

So he says he wants more bass, I replied with a solution. Just trying to EQ up the bass with the stock system might not do it PLUS you could start blowing drivers, add distortion as the amplifier tried to deliver more power than designed (bass needs far more power than tweeter and midrange drivers)... Adding a dedicated sub could take the job of the stock systems deep bass away to some extent, thus helping lower distortion and potential system damage.

But yes you are right, never heard his specific system and I trust he already has the bass adjustment on the stock unit where he felt was the best, yet he desires more. Or this all could be troll bait and I fell for it. Ta-da, you win.

PS: Never said there were any design flaws. The system is set as it is and, imho, is very impressive for a stock audio system. But does it bump hard? Not really IF you want some seriously clean high SPL down to 35Hz. BTW, the guy who designed the Naim system... we reviewed their $240,000 preamp and amp combo. We also interviewed the designer, who did both their home Statement and the amplification within the Bentley Naim system. Would post a link to the Naim Statement system review, yet got in trouble here last time I posted a link.

PPS: The Naim engineer / designer is Steve Sells, brilliant man!!!

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-30-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:03 AM
See I told you he was the sound man. I am waiting for the english translation.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Dr. D. = #winning.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Is it worth having the Naim vs stock all other things considered in an 08-10 car?

Old 09-29-2015, 03:16 AM
'Worth' and 'value' are relative terms. Best bet is to listen to both systems using music you're familiar with and decide for yourself.