Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 10:14 AM
jsupstarz is an unknown quantity at this point
New wheels

i got these today. Love them! Rennen csl3 22x10.5 22x9, 265 30 front , 305 25 in the rear, only thing is I notice my air suspension compressor coming on much more frequently while driving , any reason for that?

Old 03-12-2017, 03:38 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I hope that the jacking procedure was activated before the wheels were changed.
Apparently, suspension damage can occur if you fail do do that.

Les.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:57 AM
I made sure they knew the procedure before lifting, i drove it last night and the compressor didn't seem to be kicking on so much I hope it is ok

Old 03-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jsupstarz
I made sure they knew the procedure before lifting, i drove it last night and the compressor didn't seem to be kicking on so much I hope it is ok
Is it the compressor in the rear you hear, or the vacuum pump in the driver's front wheel well that you hear ?

Old 03-12-2017, 08:50 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....beauty is in the eye of the beholder...what year is you car...what mileage....how long have you had car...your wheels will be easier to clean than the 2010 Speed wheels I have...are those new tires as well...what did the whole package set you back...at first I was surprised to get only 15,000 miles on a set of tires, but after looking into it, 15M isn't all that bad...has something to do with the tire rubber compound, apparently soft rubber grips road better but wears quicker....I was surprised to discover that the standard issue Perrelli Summer tires are problematic in cold winter weather....cracking and all that....here in California you can go from 70 degrees to 30 degrees on a trip to Sierras....some have extra set of Winter Tires but that lots of trouble, especially without a private garage...JimB

Old 03-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by jim2331
....beauty is in the eye of the beholder...what year is you car...what mileage....how long have you had car...your wheels will be easier to clean than the 2010 Speed wheels I have...are those new tires as well...what did the whole package set you back...at first I was surprised to get only 15,000 miles on a set of tires, but after looking into it, 15M isn't all that bad...has something to do with the tire rubber compound, apparently soft rubber grips road better but wears quicker....I was surprised to discover that the standard issue Perrelli Summer tires are problematic in cold winter weather....cracking and all that....here in California you can go from 70 degrees to 30 degrees on a trip to Sierras....some have extra set of Winter Tires but that lots of trouble, especially without a private garage...JimB
it's a 2007 gtc 33k miles. The tires are new. I've had the car for 3 months now. It is currently 4 deg in New York and I don't have a garage so I'm hoping it gets warmer fast! I like these wheels a lot , I am going for a more sporty aggressive look, it fits me better than the stock wheels that were on. The next thing I'm doing is taking the mufflers out and replacing them with straight pipes leaving the cats and flex bellows in place . In my opinion the w12 has way to nice of a sound not to be heard. But like you say beauty is in the eye of the beholder , to each their own

Old 03-12-2017, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Is it the compressor in the rear you hear, or the vacuum pump in the driver's front wheel well that you hear ?
that would be the vacuum pump in the front driver wheel well that I hear I figured it was the compressor but evidently not

Old 03-13-2017, 05:36 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....take it for what it's worth...State Police are people too...I once passed a State Police sitting by side of road on new Old RT. 17 bypass.. (This was back in 1951 driving a chopped Mercury) I was going 100mph. I stopped on shoulder and waited for him...he flew by doing 120....took him a few minutes to get back to me....we had a little chat...he appreciated fact I had stopped...told me to cool it...just a warning...maybe it helped I was Military...
....aggressive look and loud pipes won't cut you a break...there are two schools of thought on subject of modification...Being Old School, I believe that original designers were very talented people, so out of respect, retaining original has something to say for it...but...whatever blows your skirt up...go for it...JimB

Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jsupstarz
i got these today. Love them! Rennen csl3 22x10.5 22x9, 265 30 front , 305 25 in the rear.

Hello Josh,
I hope all is well, great looking ride !
But I just noticed your tire sizes front vs. rear, and you do not have a square setup, your front tires have a diameter of 28.3", whereas the rears have a diameter of 28", so in a mile of travel the rears will have spun 720.19 revolutions per mile, and the fronts having spun 713.67 revolutions per mile, a difference of 6.52 revolutions per mile, this is NOT good for the AWD system.

I would ask your wheel and tire people to explain this setup on an AWD vehicle, they may say it's close enough, but I believe there should be no difference in diameter size front to rear....

265/30-22 VS. 305/25-22 Difference

Diameter inches (mm)28.26 (717.8)28 (711.3)-0.26 (-6.5) -0.9%

Width inches (mm)10.43 (265)12.01 (305)1.57 (40) 15.1%

Circum. inches (mm)88.78 (2255.04)87.98 (2234.61)-0.8 (-20.42)-0.9%

Sidewall Height inches (mm)3.13 (79.5)3 (76.25)-0.13 (-3.25) -4.1%

Revolutions per mile (km)713.67 (443.45)720.19 (447.5)6.52 (4.05)0.9%

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r22-305-25r22

"Many AWD systems will wear prematurely if there is too much difference in the rolling diameter of the tires. And, it's hard to get staggered tires with perfectly identical diameters. They are usually close enough that it looks identical, but the actual revolutions per mile may be too different than a given AWD system can tolerate."

Old 03-16-2017, 12:59 AM
That crossed my mind as well. I will ask them what the logic is with that . If worse comes to worse I can always change them to identical. It makes sense

Old 03-16-2017, 06:48 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I once put a set of C5 Corvette wheels and tyres onto one of my Z28 Camaro's.
It didn't occur to me that the difference in rolling radius between front and rear, the rears are larger, would cause the ABS the pulse when braking moderately hard.
You live and learn.

Les.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.