Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

pls help with fuse no for 2005 cayenne s horn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
lovethesport is on a distinguished road
pls help with fuse no for 2005 cayenne s horn

i dont have the manual

pls inform which is fuse no and which side is it located---for the horn

is it normal for horn to work when alarm is turned on but does not work when centre is pressed

Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Mrledzeppelin is infamous around these partsMrledzeppelin is infamous around these parts
I'll try to remember to look up the fuse# tomorrow. The Alarm/Locking horn is not the same as the Drivers horn. The horns, high and low tone, go bad very often.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:14 PM
thanks ---will wait for reply

Old 07-17-2009, 07:55 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
the fuse box is located where the passenger air bag on/off switch is (right hand drive car) when you open the passenger door.

i changed the horn today for a very loud electric/air train style
i used the horn by my drivers side bumper/wheel well, it was a 20 min job (with a relay)
i left the passenger side one alone, as its loud enough now......

Old 07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
dont have this option on a 2005---how did you get the harness off the horn--any tips will be appreciated and did you have to add new relays

Old 07-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Mrledzeppelin is infamous around these partsMrledzeppelin is infamous around these parts
Sorry I forgot to look that up today, if you still need it I'll grab it tomorrow.

If you are replacing the horns, or accessing them, the easiest way is to turn each wheel so you can undo the front fender liner, undo two screws sandwiching the upper and lower bumper skin together, undo the front most screws under the bumper, then removed the lower plastic portion carefully. you can push preferably a plastic "bone" in between the two panels to unclip them. then the horns are right there. the other option is by simply undoing the fender liner and sticking two hands towards the front and doing it blindly. You'll need a 90 deg pick to undo the connector, push the connector inward, rock the top portion back and it should come out easily. If you force it, it'll break.

I'm assuming he added a relay due to the after market horns pwr demands. I don't believe the factory horn uses a relay, just the ctl mod. Don't hold me to that though, can't quiet remember.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mrledzeppelin
Sorry I forgot to look that up today, if you still need it I'll grab it tomorrow.

If you are replacing the horns, or accessing them, the easiest way is to turn each wheel so you can undo the front fender liner, undo two screws sandwiching the upper and lower bumper skin together, undo the front most screws under the bumper, then removed the lower plastic portion carefully. you can push preferably a plastic "bone" in between the two panels to unclip them. then the horns are right there. the other option is by simply undoing the fender liner and sticking two hands towards the front and doing it blindly. You'll need a 90 deg pick to undo the connector, push the connector inward, rock the top portion back and it should come out easily. If you force it, it'll break.

I'm assuming he added a relay due to the after market horns pwr demands. I don't believe the factory horn uses a relay, just the ctl mod. Don't hold me to that though, can't quiet remember.

thank you so much---i think it is either the horns or it is the steering wheel contact

Old 07-18-2009, 04:13 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
at first i did not use a relay, but every prolonged blast on the horn poped the fuse and threw up a check indicator message ?? and the indicators flashed very fast (they worked properly, just flashed very fast on the clock display)
so i fitted a relay and all good, 1 of the standard horns was not working, now its like a locomotive

Old 07-18-2009, 11:27 AM
left panel, fuse 16, 20amp fuse. According to a 06 Cayenne S owners manual.

Odds on for the Horns themselves unless some one has F'd with the wheel.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mrledzeppelin
left panel, fuse 16, 20amp fuse. According to a 06 Cayenne S owners manual.

Odds on for the Horns themselves unless some one has F'd with the wheel.

fuse is good--must be the horns---just odd that they both stop at the same time

Old 07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
happens more often than you would think.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:56 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Do you have a 2009 Cayenne by any chance?

I've had to complain to my dealer several times already about the alarm system in my vehicle. Every single day I have to listen to the lovely alarm system for a good five seconds from the time that it goes off until I am finally able to turn it off.

Turns out some 2009 Cayennes are plagued with the alarm system randomly going off when locking the vehicle for no particular reason. It is VERY annoying.

Apparently Porsche is trying to come up with a fix for the problem...but I wish I could verify this as it just might be my dealer trying to make me feel better I'm afraid.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Silly me just noticed that you have a 2005

Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I've replaced alarm sirens on 09's they get filled with water and suck to replace.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 PM
slvr99M3 is on a distinguished road
Horns

Actually, Ive professionally worked on cayennes since they were released in the US in 03' , and replacing the horn(s) is not really abnormal. Its just the location and design unfortunatlly of both the alarm siren and horn elements.They are still the greatest SUV on the market today in my book!!