Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:49 AM
AgentSteel is on a distinguished road
CTT or RR SC???

For some ghastly stupid reason, i can't decide between the Range Rover SC and the Cayenne TT. I know it should be obvious, but I really like the look of the RR, and I'm not crazy about the Cayenne. Performance wise there is no contest. The price point is not an issue since the CTT costs about 30k more. And no, i'm not considering the Autobiography since that isn't more performance but a very luxurious interior/options, etc. This will be my wife's car, and a purchase. I plan to keep it only thru the factory warranty, so residual value is also a consideration.

I believe both cars do have reliability issues, the cayenne being a new model this year there is not much history, and the RR having electrical failures are not uncommon. Any previous RR owners who switched to the new Cayenne or vice versa, please offer your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Old 11-24-2010, 11:33 AM
dw9982 is on a distinguished road
I just got out a RRSC which was one of the worst car i've owned and it no where compares to the cayenne turbo. Go for the CTT and never look back. Runaway from the RR!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I owned an RR with no issues - it was high, luxurious, felt amazing and smooth to drive. I was just looking for something more sporty and agile and thus have gone for the Cayenne. Hope this helps. They are totally different rides and the RR does look amazing when optioned properly.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Please have your wife test drive both. Get her opinion on the exterior/interior styling and please go with what she wants. Nothing else matters. RR had horrible reliability in the past but they say that it is vastly improved now. I would not worry about reliability with Porsche. Even though it is a new model, DFI engine and the several performance features like PDCC, PTV are not new to Porsche.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
ScottAtlGa will become famous soon enough
Run from the RR whatever you buy. I have had to tend them for a family member over the last couple of years and as nice as the interior is, as nice as the ride is, drives as good as a Rolls Royce, they are junk. You will have more headaches than you want taking them to the dealer for repairs. One time, they even gave me a NEW loaner Discovery and the headlights DIDN'T WORK AT ALL! I'm talking about the RR SC he owned not some of the cheaper ones, all bought new. I could go on and on and driving that one almost sucks me in, but then I remember the problems. Apparently based on JD Power, his aren;t the only ones. The Cayenne on the other hand, I have a '10S with 18k miles, never been to the shop except for scheduled maint. My '11 Cayenne S, only issue was a warped rotor which was easily fixed. What does HE drive today? '11 Cayenne turbo.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 PM
AgentSteel is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input guys. Another quick question, for those who ordered the Burmester stereo, is it worth it? The stealership did not have any cars with it for me to listen to.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AgentSteel
Thanks for the input guys. Another quick question, for those who ordered the Burmester stereo, is it worth it? The stealership did not have any cars with it for me to listen to.
You will see mixed reviews on this. Best if you find one to listen to yourself. It's my understanding you really need special media to appreciate the difference. It would seem that mp3 / iPod source and sat radio are not high enough quality sources and that's what I'd be listening to. I'd rather take the 4k and put it in other options as the Bose system no slouch. My .02

Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Agent steel I contributed a few posts to this thread which may be of interest to you. Let me know your thoughts after you read through it patiently.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=40996

There are not very many Cayenne owners who have Burm since it is so new and most of them who have a 2011 Cayenne in this forum got it off the lot. Only recently we are seeing custom ordered vehicles being delivered. You dont see very many Burms on the dealers lot since they spec it in such a way to keep costs down. The panamera owners absolutely love their Burm. Having said that you will not miss what you never had.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:52 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Agent steel I contributed a few posts to this thread which may be of interest to you. Let me know your thoughts after you read through it patiently.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=40996

There are not very many Cayenne owners who have Burm since it is so new and most of them who have a 2011 Cayenne in this forum got it off the lot. Only recently we are seeing custom ordered vehicles being delivered. You dont see very many Burms on the dealers lot since they spec it in such a way to keep costs down. The panamera owners absolutely love their Burm. Having said that you will not miss what you never had.
Thats my take on it. "Having said that you will not miss what you never had." I kept the CTT with the Bose.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by FJS961
You will see mixed reviews on this. Best if you find one to listen to yourself. It's my understanding you really need special media to appreciate the difference. It would seem that mp3 / iPod source and sat radio are not high enough quality sources and that's what I'd be listening to. I'd rather take the 4k and put it in other options as the Bose system no slouch. My .02
Yup +1

Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
RR quality is a POS, the Porsche CTT is top notch, pretty simple decision