Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CTT Sports Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM
yodicken is on a distinguished road
CTT Sports Package

I am in the process of ordering my first Porsche, a 2011 Turbo for March build, and was wondering if anyone else had an issue with the Sports package and the requirement for the replacement Sports Steering wheel?
The Package is a good deal, for $3500 with both PDCC and PTV as well as the Sports Steering Wheel. PTV is $1500, PDCC is $3500+ and the Sports Wheel is ????.

The problem is that I like the Multi-function standard wheel and Porsche won't allow you to discard the Sports wheel, even though it would save them money. We would then have to spend $5k for something they would give us for $3500. I don't get it.

By the way I love the forum and would like to submit my build specs at some point for advice, especially on the wheels.
Thanks.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I paid for each separately bc I didn't want the sports wheel; wanted the multi function. Just the cost of doing business.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
I'm opting for the package. I may miss the heated wheel but the multifunction part isn't that important to me - I drove one for a weekend with sport wheel, everything in easy reach and I like the look/feel of sport wheel

Old 12-18-2010, 02:32 PM
AlterEgo is on a distinguished road
I chose a car already pre-configured (in order to have it in 30 days). So I also have PDCC, PTV and the standard wheel. I really like the heated function, but I do not really use the multifunction. The sport wheel looks very nice. I would stick with that one.

Last edited by AlterEgo; 12-18-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:46 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I live in Toronto and while I love the sport wheel (thicker with paddles and silver) I opted for the multi function just because it can get really cold up here and I don't like wearing gloves when driving - so the heating is a nice feature. The package is kind of crazy but if you think back Porsche was never really about packages before.

Right now everywhere I park is underground and so the car is not freezing when I get in but when we move to a house that will change so heating will be a nice feature especially on those super sub zero days .

On the BMW I use the multi function wheel all the time and love the heating feature on it. Porsche does not have the greatest multi function buttons (as I have experienced on the Targa) but I can see how over time we will get used to it.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Sport package is a no brainer. The sport wheel is so much better looking, feels better, the paddles are way better. I've never thought twice about it, and I originally had the same concern. It's not a great multifunction wheel anyway, not like the new Audi A8. Looks alone make it worth it.

The package is also a good deal for the money, unusual for Porsche.

Try to look at some pictures. You will kick yourself if you don't get it. I mean, you are getting the TT. I could understand if you wanted an S.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Sport wheel

Nice look, from an earlier thread on the same topic.

Last edited by Bluehinder; 01-23-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I'll end up in the long run getting an even nicer Techart wheel. For now I wanted the multi function over the paddle.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:32 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I don't know.. its kind of confusing the crap out of me - I wish my order would just lock so i can't change it anymore .

They need better wheel options - the sport wheel on the Cayenne makes no sense, not even heated! The the multi func. carbon wheel does not have heating either but on the Panamera it does! For now I am going multi as well.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Sport package is a no brainer. The sport wheel is so much better looking, feels better, the paddles are way better. I've never thought twice about it, and I originally had the same concern. It's not a great multifunction wheel anyway, not like the new Audi A8. Looks alone make it worth it.

The package is also a good deal for the money, unusual for Porsche.

Try to look at some pictures. You will kick yourself if you don't get it. I mean, you are getting the TT. I could understand if you wanted an S.
Totally agree now that we have the TT. Also had the same concern while going through the ordering process. It's not like the buttons/***** that do what the multi-function wheel does are FAR away.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
Went throught the same debate and in fact posted on the topic when I ordered my CTT. Ended up altering the original order and adding the PTV and PDDC with sport paddles. I have PTV on my 997.2 TT and it is a nice sublime touch on the performance of the car. I will miss the heated wheel as we are in a cold climate here but the sport wheel with paddles is so dramatically more attractive than the MF wheel and sets up the interior nicely, I am happy for the trade off. The contol arm stock on the wheel to contol the computer/ radio functions is also not to bad to operate most of the functions anyway - if you don't want to reach for the deck itself...which is pretty handy.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Sports wheel looks better - no doubt - but here in Canada that heated option is such a must. I also saw that you can add a sports wheel after - so if I find we are not using the mult-heated a lot then we can go to the sport. However just a little thing like keeping your hands on the wheel (fast driving) and answering the phone, changing stations, or even changing the volume - nice options. Sucks because I am paying $2100 more!

Old 12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
yodicken is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. I am going with the PTV and PDCC separately so I can stick with the MFSW. It's irritating that it costs $2100 extra to save Porsche the cost of giving me an extra steering wheel. The dealer told me he can program the mini-paddles on the MFSW so one side is upshift and the other side is down. The sport wheel is much nicer looking but the heat and the buttons are too useful to pass up.

Car will be blue with the umber/cream as pictured in another post. I hope mine looks as nice.

Now the big question is 20" RS Spyders or the 21" with the Turbo 2 wheels? Hmmmmm

Old 12-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Go 21s for sure !