Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Those with lowered cayenne how is your tire wear ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 AM
RojoGTS is on a distinguished road
Those with lowered cayenne how is your tire wear ?

I have a 2010 GTS with the cargraphic lowering module I noticed my rear tires have worn alot in the first 5000 miles is this normal ?

Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
I would go through tires ever 8000-10,000 miles on my old CTT.
I hope with the little weight reduction on my new 2011 CTT it wont go through tires as quick.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:14 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Hey Jimmy... I would get the car realigned in the setting you drive in most often. I had mine done and the tires seem to wear much more evenly now.... I did both my wifes (stock) CTT and mine (TA Module) and both seemed to respond well...

Old 04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I don't think weight has all that much to do with it. In the big perspective of cars/trucks/SUV the 5,200lb Cayenne is not really that heavy. (sure compared to a tru sports car it is, but not to the rest of the vehicles on earth).

I think the big issue is that shops align the Cayenne at the middle ride height setting and then people drive the Cayenne in the lower setting. Which adds more camber and wears tires out.

You need to find a shop that will align it with it in the setting you drive in most of the time.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
hugo will become famous soon enoughhugo will become famous soon enough
i have a Dakara lowered by Ruf module and i have pretty much the same wear on my tires

Old 04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cole
I think the big issue is that shops align the Cayenne at the middle ride height setting and then people drive the Cayenne in the lower setting. Which adds more camber and wears tires out.

You need to find a shop that will align it with it in the setting you drive in most of the time.
DING!!!! A few of the shops I spoke to said according to Porsche "specs" they need to align the car in the "normal" setting. Obviously when the car is lowered (2 settings with lowering module.... esentially running in the old load setting) this will significantly impact camber.... I found a shop to align it in my "low" setting with my TA module and all seems good for now...

Old 04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
A big reason the ctt wears tires so fast is the fact that the rear wheels are overdriven compared to the front. This is supposed to give it a rear wheel drive feeling.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Also, it's not just about finding a place to align the car in the lower setting, but a lot of times, it just needs to be asked for. If nothing is specified, the car will be aligned in the "normal" ride height. Usually, all you have to do is ask

Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
A big reason the ctt wears tires so fast is the fact that the rear wheels are overdriven compared to the front. This is supposed to give it a rear wheel drive feeling.

Lots of modern cars run this way and don't have accelerated tire wear. I also does not explain that most of the guys wearing out tires wear them on the inside, which is a camber issue.