Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

06 CTT totaled out today by insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Sjt0017 is on a distinguished road
06 CTT totaled out today by insurance

First part of the story here if anyone wanted to read the backstory...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...start-day.html

The car was broken into, took the it to Englewood dealer to replace the window and pano roof. Get the car back after over 2 weeks, I move back to Texas a couple months later, and out of the blue my radio goes out. I checked my sound processor, no light. Opened up my hatch floor where the amps sit, and find standing water, rust, mold, mildew, etc.

Called the NJ dealer and dropped off at Park Place in Dallas, NJ dealer didn't want to pay for labor so PP warrantied the pano roof so that PCNA would pay to investigate the leak. Found out, the rear seal was in the wrong place, and there was a piece of hardware SUPERGLUED to the frame of the roof. Water wasn't even getting to the drain tubes, it was going straight into my car.

Park Place fixed the leak, but wouldn't touch the damaged area. They suggested I take pictures and get numerous quotes for fixing everything. I called the NJ dealer for WEEKS, finally after a call to PCNA and the northeastern PCNA Regional Manager, I got a phone call from Englewood Porsche.

First off, I'd like to say I am hesitant to bash a dealer on here, because I am sure a lot of people have had a pleasant experience dealing with them, as I had prior to this issue. I am only speaking about my recent experience with them, and in no way are saying the entire dealership is to blame for this. The General Manager of Englewood calls me and claims absolutely no responsibility for the leak, the superglued part, the seal being in the completely wrong spot, etc. He told me it was an insurance issue since Park Place warrantied the sunroof. You would think, the dealer received $9k to replace the roof, that there would be some sort of quality control and ensure no leaks before putting everything back together and giving the car back to me.

I called my insurance company to seek help in pursuing the dealership financially for the damages done to my vehicle, along with the difference in diminished value of the vehicle. What they ended up doing is totaling out my vehicle and are pursuing legal action against the dealer themselves.

Sooo with all that being said, I will be putting all OEM parts back on the vehicle and selling my aftermarket parts, as I will not be returning to Porsche for another vehicle. PM me and let me know if interested in any of these items and we'll come to an agreed price + shipping for the parts. Also, I'm located in Dallas, so local deals will most likely take precedence. I'll follow up with pictures when I can, thanks!

Black LED tail lights
Black side markers (tint matched to tails)
APR R1 blow off valves
Leistung midpipes (debating doing this again, but if there's a market for these, I'll take them off and ship for the right price)
EVOMS V-Flow red intakes for CTT
OEM PCM 2.1 (not in the car at time of the leak)
OEM Bose Amp (also not in the car at time of the leak)

I doubt I can switch out a tuned ECU, but if that's a possibility, let me know and I'll be glad to switch + cash.

Thanks guys/gals!

Last edited by Sjt0017; 03-27-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:53 PM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Can you buy it back from the insurance company for a good deal?

Old 03-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Skigod9 is on a distinguished road
dibs on the intake, diverters and ecu depending on price

Old 03-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Sjt0017 is on a distinguished road
XR4Tim,

I have no interest in buying the car back, I'm moving back to Lexus. The Pig started throwing codes at me as soon as I picked it up from the roof leak being fixed. I'm assuming Park Place cleared all the codes before giving the car back to me, and I only made it about 10 miles before it lit up like a Christmas tree.

Skigod,

Let me figure out a package price for the intake & diverters. I just read the ECU is associated directly with my VIN, so I don't think I can switch them out for you. If someone knows otherwise, please let me know. I think I have a week to get them parts and accessory receipts from the past 12 months so I can get reimbursed for them.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:01 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear of the issues...

My first Porsche ('91 944s2) that I purchased in '99 had a leak on the passenger side, I noticed wet-spots on the carpet about 1 week after I bought it.. Turned out to be a tiny hole on a weld just under the windshield, luckily no major damage. Filled hole with silicone and never had an issue afterwards.

My other experience with a water leak was in a '99 Navigator. It wasn't obvious at first, but randomly the truck would have problems after a rainstorm. Turned out that the windshield surround was leaking bad, the water was literally dripping on the relays which were located on the drivers side. When this happened, weird things happened like front lights turning on, alarm randomly going off, trouble starting, dome lights on, etc. When it dried up, truck ran fine, no permanent damage at all.

Glad that your insurance company is supporting you on this. If the dealer did a shoddy job at the repair, it's completely their fault.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Also interested in the valves and evoms intake. Could you post or pm a price?

Old 03-27-2014, 11:48 PM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
sent you a pm. thanks!

Old 03-28-2014, 06:31 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sjt0017
XR4Tim,

I have no interest in buying the car back, I'm moving back to Lexus. The Pig started throwing codes at me as soon as I picked it up from the roof leak being fixed. I'm assuming Park Place cleared all the codes before giving the car back to me, and I only made it about 10 miles before it lit up like a Christmas tree.
But you could buy it back if someone made a reasonable offer to purchase it from you?

Old 03-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Seems a shame to total out a CTT for something that just needs some sorting out.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:09 AM
pearlwhites is on a distinguished road
I'll take the intakes/PCM

Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 AM
2gofast is on a distinguished road
I am interested in tail lights and side markers. send a PM

Old 03-28-2014, 12:49 PM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
I hate that the interior was just redone and it was all for nothing.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Zmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to all
Any chance I can buy the cup holder insert that just pops out?

Old 03-30-2014, 08:58 PM
PHIKEL will become famous soon enoughPHIKEL will become famous soon enough
If available I'm interested in the plastic cap/ cover on the rear windshield wiper assembly.
Kelly
503-504-8989

Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cole
Seems a shame to total out a CTT for something that just needs some sorting out.
+1...

stj001,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate turn of events and you leaving the Porsche community. I am sure you will be missed here.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 03-31-2014 at 09:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 06 CTT totaled out today by insurance