Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Calibration Lowering Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 03:54 PM
RKD in OKC is on a distinguished road
Calibration Lowering Question

Used the PIWIS and air suspension sensor calibration to lower my 04 CS 35mm.

Noticed that if I try to go to loading height it takes much much longer than before the lowering.

Anyone else notice this after using Durametric or PIWIS to lower air suspension?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:59 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
The first time I lowered with durametric (30mm) it did not take a long time.. I raised it back to stock for a couple of weeks, and lowered it again a few days ago (20mm, hoping to not lose as much ride quality as with the 30) and I noticed mine now takes a good 90 seconds-2 minutes before it locks in at loading level.

Wonder what's going on, Im going to trouble shoot some this week, I'll let you know if I find anything.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM
From your description I don't think it is because it is lowered too much if it takes the same time as mine and you only lowered it 20mm.

Honestly, I didn't notice any difference in the ride after lowering mine.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
If it hesitates into the lowest settings, it sounds like it is too low. Try to bump it up 5mm or so.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Setting too low is what I initially thought until i read SeattleTurbo's experience where he did not have the problem when he set it to 30mm lower, then raised it back up to the nominal setting, then started having the issue after lowering again, but only 20mm.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:27 PM
meplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of light
same problem here!!!

i even tried to set it back to the normal settings and it keeps giving me errors!

oh well i'm happy with the current heights so i'll just leave it!! this has been such a nightmare/headache for me...

oh, i'm in okc to!

Old 09-03-2014, 01:55 AM
When you tired to set it back to normal settings, did you enter the current measurement, or the current measurement minus how much you wanted it to raise to get back to normal?

It looked to us like the calibration was comparing whatever you entered to a stored normal height and adjusted accordingly. We got errors when attempting a setting that was out of range by using ride height measurement after it had been lowered or raised and add or subtract from that. To get it to go back to the normal height you should be able to just enter the current measurement when doing the calibration.

Good to see another local meplease. Took mine to Dumont's and Mike had not tried to do the AS calibration for anyone yet.

Last edited by RKD in OKC; 09-03-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:39 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I had trouble with mine too but I ended up just putting the original numbers in for each corner then don't forget to save in step 5. I kept trying to clear the error but it wouldn't do it or it would then it would return when I tried doing anything.

Once I set it all back to the original settings and saved it all the error cleared just fine. You have to go all the way through the process though.

Once that was done I was able to go back and change the settings and save it all again.