Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Which Durametric do I buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:43 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Which Durametric do I buy?

Which Durametric do I buy? I plan on keeping this car until it's driven from nto the ground or ridiculous to fix. I don't need the extension cable so that ls one less thing to spend money on. I don't plan on buying another Potsche that was built before 1996, so max number of Porsches will be 2.

Last edited by BobbySpeed; 03-29-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:57 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I think you would then need enthusiast (up to 3cars). Pro is unlimited and I dont know the base name but I think it allows one vehicle.
Can someone chime in to confirm?

Old 03-30-2015, 01:47 AM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
That's correct.
What I am curious about is whether I would use the coding feature on the professional, otherwise I willl buy the enthusiast.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:25 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
If you call and talk to them, they may be able to add that. That's a good company to work with. Call and see. The enthusiast is for just 3 VIN's, but sometimes they do not store and you can use it on maybe 1 or 2 more cars if you luck out. haha. I could not own my Porsche's without a program like this. It pays for it's self eventually.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:20 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
...it pays for itself probably the first time you use it to diagnose an issue. After that think of it as 'saving' you money.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
Interesting.when I got my Cayenne it was part of my consideration that I'd like to keep a car past its warranty's expiration and do everything myself like when I was younger.
Has anyone taken there labor and parts number to a calculator to see how much you have actually saved?
The stealerships near me want $3k to do F & R brakes, and parts have cost me about $650 times two brake jobs which is about $1300 vs $6k to the dealer- a savings of $4700, and that is just for the brakes! $80 vs $250 for an oil change over 9 years is $320 vs $2000- a savings of $1680. Add just those 2 procedures and add the tax and were talking almost $7000!
What does it cost to do coils? The cost of doing the rear hatch/gate struts?
Doing the valve body and transmission harnesses along with the incidental transmission service is saving me about $1600 after the taxes comes into play. So that makes $8600 I saved with those prices I remembered.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:49 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
I've saved several thousand in the last 3 months. I have 3 Porsche's and only had to take in one with a parasitic battery drain I could never find....The alternator would charge, but then suck my battery dry in like 3 hours do to an alternator short, but only while it was turned off. I could not find that one. Cost me 750 bucks. I have been really fortunate to have been able to fix and upgrade everything else by myself and using the Durametric scanner. You need one of those for sure. I'll never pay someone $1000 for something I can fix in a days work. I learn more and more about my Porsche all the time too, and they keep me active on the forums. hahahah You guys are a life saver!!!!! I'm in Tucson and we have ZERO "Water-cooled" Porsche mechanics worth a spit, but a few good ones who only work on the air-cooled models. I'd rather replace all the parts on my entire car b4 taking it to the mechanics here... Cost about the same.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:57 PM
The 04 Cayenne Turbo has been the one demanding most of my attention. Runs great, but check stuff lights tend to pop up constantly. I love her though and will never want any other SUV/Daily driver. Really, just spending on maintenance stuff, but I did see some funky oil/wax-type drip from under my DS wheel tonight. Hydraulic fluid, I'm guessing. Hope that's not a big deal....never ends, but the car is worth the effort.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:39 PM
I know exactly what upu mean. As much as some issues seem to be with the Cayenne, after its repaired, you don't even remember something was broken.
Doing things on your own definitely had many many rewards in ways of knowing more about the car, and appreciation of getting things fixed.
Durametric sure makes troubleshooting a breeze.
Guess it's like your fave carry pistol - better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:58 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Here is what they say about the difference between Pro and Enthusiast. Doesn't seem like the additional functions are worth an extra $400+ to the average Joe like me. Other than that the only difference is the number or cars you can use it on. I'd go with enthusiast.

There are two main differences between the Enthusiast and Professional Kits:
  1. The number of cars supported:
    The Professional kits support an unlimited number of cars. The Enthusiast kits support up to three cars only. The limitation of the Enthusiast kit is based on the car's VIN - not model.
  2. The Coding and Command Console features:
    Beginning with Durametric version 6, Durametric supports the Coding and Command Console features. These features are included with the Professional kits only.