Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Highest HP for 955

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I'm building a big turbo Cayenne. Nobody has done anything other that stock manifolds and stock framed hybrids for the 955. So I am sorry for the bad news but mostly you will be on your own. I am waiting for either Xona or BW EFR to cast their 90° compressor covers so that we can have bigger turbos without cutting anything in the car. Borg said end of August for their covers and Xona was around the same. With the manifolds Im building and the forward facing outlet covers there will be a bolt on turbo solution for a realistic price. Whether the manifolds will make it to a small production run or not is going to be based on interest and how many people would committ. However I haven't seen TRUE interest yet. Right now it's looking like twin efr 7163's because the price is good, they are unmatched in their size class by any other turbo both in performance and features. PM me if you want to chat. Im in the central Tx area.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Innkeeper411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those treads are great. TT Viper has done alot of work and it looks cool.

Mr. Haney - Who would you get to program the ECU after your turbo upgrade if it hasn't been done before? Would the stock Turbo S intercoolers be big enough? Sorry if the answers are obvious, I am not a mechanic and am learning as fast as I can.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
I'm building a big turbo Cayenne. Nobody has done anything other that stock manifolds and stock framed hybrids for the 955. So I am sorry for the bad news but mostly you will be on your own. I am waiting for either Xona or BW EFR to cast their 90° compressor covers so that we can have bigger turbos without cutting anything in the car. Borg said end of August for their covers and Xona was around the same. With the manifolds Im building and the forward facing outlet covers there will be a bolt on turbo solution for a realistic price. Whether the manifolds will make it to a small production run or not is going to be based on interest and how many people would committ. However I haven't seen TRUE interest yet. Right now it's looking like twin efr 7163's because the price is good, they are unmatched in their size class by any other turbo both in performance and features. PM me if you want to chat. Im in the central Tx area.
Mr. Haney how are the exhaust manifolds coming? If you are able to get the manifolds and turbos that you want, will they bolt directly to the primary cat or will the cat need to be modified?

I received a 3" cat bypass, midpipe, and muffler from HHR and will install it either this weekend or next. Took awhile for everything to arrive, but it is all here now. I also installed the EVOMS diverter valves. I wasn't sure about the sizes for TiAL and when I called them, they basically said tell us the sizes you want to buy and we won't sell it to you. Give us your zip and we will tell you our retailer. So no help from them and I didn't want to make a mistake so just went with EVOMS.

I called Fabspeed and they said that they can customize some 3" high flow primary cats, but I want to make sure that it is not too loud when I get the exhaust on first.

Anyone know of any 3" high flow cats not just cat bypass?

I still need a tune. Just talked to EVOMS about theirs to ask about how the mods effect their tune, but the guy I need to talk to is getting married so need to talk to him end of next week. Softronics seems like they are working with a couple of the guys doing bigger mods so maybe they would be good. Any advice?

Old 07-29-2016, 05:13 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Talk to Hank about 3" cats, I'm sure he can make them if he doesn't already. Are you talking primary or secondary cats? I have secondary bypass but kept the primaries. I have Softronic tune and am happy with it. Any of the good tunes will do you well and should adapt just fine to most mods.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:14 PM
I have the secondary cat bypass. I didn't see where HHR had high flow cats, only bypass pipes. I haven't tried his products yet, but dealing with him is great. Knowledgeable about his products and always willing to answer questions.