Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Body Shop repair fail! Am I being unreasonable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:36 PM
kash_bu is on a distinguished road
Porsche Body Shop repair fail! Am I being unreasonable?

Had a small fender bender, someone scratched up my bumper.

So I thought I was doing the right thing by taking it to the porsche body shop. Picked it up today, the car was filthy, washed it, it had rained so brought it back home to check out the paint job... I raced back to the dealership before they closed to show the SA the crappy job they did

Can't take good pics of all of the problems but here is a run down

1) Dimple that wasn't there dealer is playing dumb
2) On all of the corners "white out" touch up paint
3) I'll ignore the bad gaps
4) can't take a picture of it but on one side on the edge by the light it seems like there are bubbles under the clear cloat
5) Thread under the clear cloat - he said they would buff it out

the SA played it all off like it could be buffed out, I think its a sloppy job that should be redone. What should I do, What can I do?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
That sucks man. This is why it pays to find a good shop and stick with them

Did insurance take care of it or did you pay out of pocket?

Unfortunately there is a dealer in my area that used to have a bad rep for damaging customer cars and denying it. The body shop my insurance tries to force me to is about the same too.

I would suggest you talk to the general manager. If that doesn't help I'd try to stop/reverse the charges or have the insurance get involved if they paid for it until they sort it out.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Other person's Insurance took care of it along with a rental.

I just don't understand why they would use touch up paint on a newly painted bumper.

This is the closest porsche dealership, other dealerships are just too inconvenient ... I figured they know porsche best, it looks like they gave my bumper to the new apprentice

He told me to come in as a walk in next week, I think I'm going to go back and demand a do over tomorrow, I don't think it can't be salvaged or else they wouldn't of covered up their mistakes with a horrible bic pen white out touch up job

Old 08-20-2014, 06:38 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Did you talk to your insurance at all? If not, for future reference always use your own company and let them do the fighting with the other company. That's what you pay them for

I would call the other guys insurance and explain the situation, but they are going to be interested in paying as little as possible. Especially since you aren't their customer (insurance companies should not be for profit!). If they try to blow you off, it might be worth a call to your company to enlist their help.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll find someone that pulls their head out and fixes the situation properly.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Looks like someone dropped your bumper or damaged it while taking it off to be painted. Holy crap.. that's just unreal.

Hopefully you're working with your insurance company... If not, open a claim and let them know the body shop damaged your vehicle... then have it fixed somewhere else. The body shop will have to pay your deductible etc and it will go against their insurance.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:24 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
My brother-in-law lives in Naples. When I was visiting him last winter his wife had scraped the white bumper on his CTT. We took it to the dealer. He picked it up two days later it was perfect. Your repair was totally unacceptable.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:28 AM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
The dealer, as most do, sub out these repairs to other repair shops. Some larger dealers with many stores will have their own repair shop. Like gnat said, find a reputable and good shop and stay there.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:34 AM
seabrook is infamous around these partsseabrook is infamous around these parts
OMG!!!! That looks horrible!! Is this momentum (I see you are in houston)?

Old 08-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by seabrook
OMG!!!! That looks horrible!! Is this momentum (I see you are in houston)?
@seabrook Yes it is momentum, just took it back, I didn't wait until next week because I didn't want them to make any excuses better I give it back less than 12 hours later.

@steve - Agreed, a buddy dented his Panemera right after he bought it and the bumper was repaired, I could not tell it was hit.

I went through the other persons insurance

The insurance paid them already, this redo is going to be on the shops dime, but I made it clear that I won't be happy with a "buff" and he said it'll take 4 or 5 days. Hopefully they get it right the second time around.

thanks guys will let y'all know how it comes out

Old 08-20-2014, 12:27 PM
seabrook is infamous around these partsseabrook is infamous around these parts
ok thanks for the reply- they should be ashamed for doing that kind of work!

I was going to go to them to get my yearly service done but now I'm having second thoughts!

Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by seabrook
ok thanks for the reply- they should be ashamed for doing that kind of work!

I was going to go to them to get my yearly service done but now I'm having second thoughts!
I've haven't had a good experience with momentum sales, that is why I bought my car from North Houston Porsche, they wen't above and beyond over the phone, but they are a 70 or 80 mile round trip for service.

The same company owns West and Momentum Porsche, so we don't have many options in Houston, and their google/yelp reviews are terrible.

The have a monopoly in Houston, city of 4 or 5 million, flush with cash and no competition to keep them honest.

On a side note, I'm not too picky, and I didn't make a fuss about it, but I got my car back with one of the tire caps missing and the tire indicator on -8 PSI.

Overall crappy experience

Old 08-20-2014, 12:56 PM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
That's horrible work. The touch up i did on my own looks better than that.