Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

S or gts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Cdn997tt is on a distinguished road
S or gts

hi guys looking for a new suv for the better half. She drove the sq5 and loves it went into Porsche yesterday and she likes the size of the Cayenne better the sq5 or macan a bit to small. Now that the gts and the s are both v6 tt is there any reason to buy the gts. We both want sporty and fun any help would be great thanks

Old 10-04-2015, 03:11 PM
ctdwp will become famous soon enough
GTS still has more HP and different standard features that provide a sportier look. Also has sports exhaust. I am a fan of alcantara for seats and roof liner so I found that to be a big plus. For me the GTS had the features and look I wanted over an S.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:38 AM
HunterTurbo is on a distinguished road
I went through the same decision and ordered the GTS.

Many of these things below are not even available options on the S, but if you want many/most of them, the GTS makes a lot of sense.

PASM & Air Suspension w/self-leveling
Lowered suspension
Sport Exhaust
+20 BHP
+20ft/lbs
Full body kit
Blacked-out badging, taillights, black exhaust tips
Full leather & alcantara interior/roofliner
Big red brakes
Improved tranny & engine tuning

Plus other options like wheels and some interior bits are cheaper to buy on a GTS compared to an S.

Last edited by HunterTurbo; 10-06-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:09 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
GTS without a doubt if $ is not an deciding factor...

Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Like others, GTS without a doubt if you like the additional features.

Lightly optioned GTS > Highly optioned S

Old 10-06-2015, 02:34 PM
gotsis is on a distinguished road
no PDK on cayenne 8 sp auto

Old 10-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Cdn997tt is on a distinguished road
I priced them out online last night to load up a S they way I want would be $133k Canadian and a nicely optioned gts would be right around the same $ mark. How would a gts preform compared to a sq5 or mac an

Old 10-07-2015, 01:49 PM
09RedGTS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cdn997tt
I priced them out online last night to load up a S they way I want would be $133k Canadian and a nicely optioned gts would be right around the same $ mark. How would a gts preform compared to a sq5 or mac an
GTS is the best handling Cayenne, even better than Turbo and Turbo S. That is Porsche's description, not mine. The new GTS now has the big Turbo brakes. Smaller brakes were a high wear item on my heavier 09 GTS. In my book, other than the Macan Turbo which is too small for some folks, no other SUV appeals like the Cayenne GTS. It is the drivers SUV. A very few SUVs may have straight line advantage but overall the GTS is the best driver's SUV.
The 2016 TT 440 HP V6 pulls like crazy. I'm planning for one in my future when we replace my wife's RX and my Cayman S. Be sure to get the hitch option even if u don't plan to tow. There is a lot of demand for used GTS to tow track toys, and people also like to put luggage platforms and bike racks on the hitch.
The GTS includes a lot of nice stuff for the money, compared to the S. In some ways the GTS is better than the Turbo, but they each have their separate niches. Enjoy!

Old 10-13-2015, 12:24 AM
Porschedeisgn is on a distinguished road
GTS just sounds better than the S and the exhaust note sounds better too.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Mathme is on a distinguished road
Also, if you're going to order, SERIOUSLY think about checking the "roof rails" option box. The only place you can get roof rails is from the factory...