Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need help with my Hyrbid Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Need help with my Hyrbid Cayenne

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I'm having issues with my Cayenne. So I have made a short video and you can see the blinds are going mental. It happens on both rear windows when you operate the electric window button. The windows do not move at all in either direction. (Looks looks like the car is jerking itself off!)

I've ordered a Durametric cable so hopefully I will be able to diagnose this issue once connected. We also have the horn beep twice when I lock the car so there is another underlying issue going on as well.

I was going to disconnect the battery and do the learning process but its a Hybrid and I didn't know what might happen if I did that. I pulled the fuses instead but as soon as I pulled the button it started over again.

Is there are battery on a Hybrid 958? I was told under the driver's seat but I looked and I don't see any way to remove the carpet without removing the interior. I think that was the older model.

I spoke to my local dealer and he said he thinks it needs to be calibrated with a system tester. Does anyone know if that can be done with the Durametric? I suspect not.

Any help would be appreciated.

[youtube]qgpgGXp75mQ[/youtube]

Old 03-08-2017, 01:57 PM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-09-2017, 04:04 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Durametric is pretty much useless besides service and code resets.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Not true, I own one, it does much more than that. You can activate new items such as if you add cruise control, check overrevs, there are test modes, lots in there. I unfortunately didn't bring it with me.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:48 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Looking at the 958 list, not a single coding allowed:
http://www.durametric.com/modelfeaturematrixv6.aspx#958
That's what I meant... on some older models you can turn off the seatbelt chime or turn on the side marker to work with the turning lights.
When compared with what I could do on beemers, this is pretty bleak

Old 03-10-2017, 05:34 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Since it is a hybrid - there are likely two different electrical systems. One is the hybrid part - with a high-voltage battery (lethally high voltage BTW), and another that does the normal vehicle functions at 12.6V.

I rather suspect this will have to be a dealer item. It was rather amusing watching your video..

Old 03-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback. When my cable arrives I'll at least be able to get the error codes. But I agree it's looking that way. Thing is the car is in Bahamas and there is no Porsche dealer here this is why I'm looking at it for my boss.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:02 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
same thing fairly recently happened on my V8 S. i took the car to the dealer, they ended up replacing both motors for the sun shades. i didnt care too much about the sun shades not working as i dont use them much, but my rear windows would not lower or raise either. anytime you tried to lower or raise the windows, the same exact thing happened as your video with the shades. iirc, the total bill for the repair was something like $1300-1500, parts, labor, tax, etc.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:10 AM
Thanks. Problem for me is there's no dealer on this island. Do you know if they calibrated the blinds after they fit them?

Old 04-18-2017, 02:54 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by isysman
Thanks. Problem for me is there's no dealer on this island. Do you know if they calibrated the blinds after they fit them?
im at work, once i go home ill try to find the invoice for it. i know it shows the part #'s to what they replaced and gives a description of what work was done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.